• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

43 minutes ago, Deafty said:

My lhs has a ticket 4 me and with just an 1hr 1/2 up the road to travel, be rude not to go.  Are you in the industry Guns?

Na, not in the trade im a Trading Deputy Store Manager for Sainsburys lol. But you can get a return flight from Manchester for £26 (Ryanair so plus fee's Im guessing) to Nuremberg, stay there for a few days drinking German Beer and eating Bratwursts whilst looking at toys would be pretty cool!

Edited by Guns

Not unless my Mrs will accept us not going the Maldives this year ? Im in the dog house for leaving the order form for a new 1:1 car out without talking to her first. Imagine she came home to another big truck!

Regarding the Nuremberg Toy Fair. My best pal collects them 1:2 scale F1 helmets, we were considering going to Nuremberg Toy Fair this year hah. Left it too late mind, its in 2/3 weeks!

Ah school boy error :)
What is the new 1.1 ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Basher 46 said:

Ah school boy error :)
What is the new 1.1 ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Potentially just gonna Lease a Scirocco R. They're avaliable on a 1+23 deal lease deal, and now my mrs drives I only do about 5/6k miles a year it makes alot of sense. I currently have a 2013 model (owned not leased) and its coming upto the age/mileage where it needs work (I had all new brakes and a service last week), its going to need at least a pair of 19" Tyres within a couple of months and then theres the cambelt and MOT in April. Obviously the cheaper more sensible option is to keep mine and spend the grand or so, and not have to deal with the hassle of selling it etc. But the allure of a brand spanker with warranty, no worries etc is tempting me.

I have till 28th Feb to decide and send the paperwork back to ensure a 2017 plate in March, but Ive already picked the colour, options etc. Im just backing out at the last minute each time lol.

But back on topic ;)

Edited by Guns
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Guns said:

17077B18-21BE-4CB1-ABB1-4484D676B7F7_zps

3E653B94-E88E-4CE7-9CC8-F08D2C18DA58_zps

I want! But brushless technology is a few years off for that. Oh and the box physically wouldnt fit in my car!

I was there in November, to get a xmaxx  and when I saw it along side the losi I was a bit underwhelmed by the xmaxx so I walked.

The Losi is a beast but why you'd want it to be brushless is beyond me keep it as it is I say ;) 

I got to get me one of them this year :) 

So anyway max5 in fitted wired up and ready to go :good:

8A6A913A-ABFB-41B1-8CDB-C2C467E55EB1_zps

5BB72837-CD3B-4ED0-BFCF-3D68C894E6B0_zps

im well happy with that even if I do say so myself, could have left the cable tie off but thought nah bit of added sercurity never hurts ;) 

I've put a vid together well I'm trying too but some of it didn't quite come out for some reason so if it's no good I'll post up pics from it instead . :good:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

The Losi is a beast but why you'd want it to be brushless is beyond me keep it as it is I say ;) 

Ditto, aint it pushing limits of current available electric components, performance/reliability/cost? Unfortunately 1/5 aint for me at this time. 

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

im well happy with that even if I do say so myself, could have left the cable tie off but thought nah bit of added sercurity never hurts ;) 

I've put a vid together well I'm trying too but some of it didn't quite come out for some reason so if it's no good I'll post up pics from it instead . :good:

Very neatly done almost factory

i spotted the carbon fibre plate, defo better than top mounted

might copy this myself 

good work chap.

2 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Get a bigger car - SIMPLES!!

Who needs BL anyway - petrol's MUCH better for that scale. ............. 

Al.

Petrols not even good for 1:1s anymore.... Dying breed. Tesla's FTW. The Petrol part of it does nothing for me. I like my Jato been nitro but I only keep it around as its something different. Too noisy, messy and fiddly.

Looks good Mydoddy. I WANT that fan.

5 hours ago, sean-vrs said:

I was there in November, to get a xmaxx  and when I saw it along side the losi I was a bit underwhelmed by the xmaxx so I walked.

It's not done much for Vantage/Carnage sales either!

• Like 1

Electric is history in 1:1 as well - was state-of-the-art 110 years ago ... OK, people have BL motors and make batteries out of 5,000 LiPo cells ... wasting huge resources ...

Honestly don't see electric cars lasting long ... in current (!!!) format anyway.

Hydrogen powered IC motors are the way forwards - emitting .... water!!

Wouldn't mind having a go of a Tesla, but wouldn't buy one .... not a 'man's car'!!

Al.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

How is the Traxxas fan? Same as castle? Or bigger, more better?

12 minutes ago, Timritchieblue said:

How is the Traxxas fan? Same as castle? Or bigger, more better?

Smaller 35mm x 2 but seems to move some air sadly though I can't find a better fan to fit the casing so there have to do for now 

On 1/16/2017 at 12:40, Timritchieblue said:

Most use a 29-32t pinion

I got the 29t pinion in my leopard 5892, going to gear down once it warms up, forgot my temp gun on last run... someone suggested dropping down to an 18t pinion, but that just seems to low, like going from turbo boost to granny gear, I am thinking somewhere in between, so I can fulfill my speed needs while in bash mode.

2 minutes ago, jump_it said:

Nice fitment with the esc doddy, are you sticking with 6s?

Haha nice to see you over here fella and thanks for that, on the stock 1600kv  I am but I will run the odd 8s end of day pack for a bit of madness, I might pick up one of those new 1275 and run 8s at some point but I'm in no rush I'll total this motor first .. 

How you liking your 8s beast so far ? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Haha nice to see you over here fella and thanks for that, on the stock 1600kv  I am but I will run the odd 8s end of day pack for a bit of madness, I might pick up one of those new 1275 and run 8s at some point but I'm in no rush I'll total this motor first .. 

How you liking your 8s beast so far ? 

Loving it so far, my first 2 runs did not go so well, as I had installed the kershaw heavy duty slipper spring but unfortunately did not add enuff washers before the thrust bearings so I was essentially tightening up against the barrel of the layshaft.

I have 4 runs so far on it, nothing has broke other than a nice crack in the body, I am wondering if Traxxas has tightened up the tolernce on the bulkheads, watched your vid on shimming the diffs, but I could not get it to seat into the bulkead, with it shimmed, so I pulled the shims and so far no issues.

No jumping yet, just enjoying it as a ground pounder for now, I will wait for warmer temp to jump it, couple of vids....

I like the auto imbed :)

• Like 3