• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Helion FOUR10 SC

Noj

After reading this whole thread the general consensus is the Select Four SC is a far superior product to any of Helion's other models including the Dominus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mistake, sorry. Vkar is OEM for Select line, FS racing for dominus line. As I been reading, Select Four is far better than Dominus. I have no experience with Select Four so my advice is useless. I can only say that aftermarket support is very important for long terms. No more rebranded versions for me.. Sorry for my bad English too :)

• Like 1

My mistake, sorry. Vkar is OEM for Select line, FS racing for dominus line. As I been reading, Select Four is far better than Dominus. I have no experience with Select Four so my advice is useless. I can only say that aftermarket support is very important for long terms. No more rebranded versions for me.. Sorry for my bad English too [emoji4]

No worries, it's always confusing when companies use rebrands. I did intend to go with Traxxas mainly for the aftermarket and parts support but i can't really justify spending £450+ on a 4x4 Slash with the upgrades I would want when the Select Four seems just as capable in stock form.

Plus I have my 2wd Stampede for really hard bashing and the Select Four will be for lighter bashing so I reckon it should be fine [emoji1303]

• Like 1

No worries, it's always confusing when companies use rebrands. I did intend to go with Traxxas mainly for the aftermarket and parts support but i can't really justify spending £450+ on a 4x4 Slash with the upgrades I would want when the Select Four seems just as capable in stock form.

Plus I have my 2wd Stampede for really hard bashing and the Select Four will be for lighter bashing so I reckon it should be fine [emoji1303]

+1
Same thing for me, i am using my 2wd slash for bashing and fs racing for my backyard track. My plan is to buy slash 4x4 roller and upgrade it for less money than buying rtr.

• Like 1

+1
Same thing for me, i am using my 2wd slash for bashing and fs racing for my backyard track. My plan is to buy slash 4x4 roller and upgrade it for less money than buying rtr.

2wd for me makes sense for heavy bashing, less components to go wrong!

Bit off topic, do you run your Slash on 2S or 3S? I run my Stampede on 3S and I'm going through driveshaft yokes and half shafts quite a lot and considering trying the slash 4x4 driveshafts as they apparently are made of stronger plastic? Just wondered if you have any experience?

I'd love to do the same and get a roller or 2nd hand Slash 4x4 but I'm getting impatient after looking for over a month! I bet the minute I buy the helion and nice 2nd hand slash will turn up on here or eBay [emoji85]

2wd for me makes sense for heavy bashing, less components to go wrong!

Bit off topic, do you run your Slash on 2S or 3S? I run my Stampede on 3S and I'm going through driveshaft yokes and half shafts quite a lot and considering trying the slash 4x4 driveshafts as they apparently are made of stronger plastic? Just wondered if you have any experience?

I'd love to do the same and get a roller or 2nd hand Slash 4x4 but I'm getting impatient after looking for over a month! I bet the minute I buy the helion and nice 2nd hand slash will turn up on here or eBay [emoji85]

I am running my slash with 2s and I have no problems with stock driveshafts. 60km/h is enough for me at this time. I bought used slash with brushless electronics for only 100€ :), one caster block was broken so I replaced them with strc. Most of slash drivers agree that 4x4 driveshaft is better than stock ones. Also your stampede have bigger wheels, so driveshaft suffers more from 3s power.

Slash 4x4 standard drive shafts are not good with high power, I use tecno ones they are expensive but good others also use MIP again very expensive

I am running my slash with 2s and I have no problems with stock driveshafts. 60km/h is enough for me at this time. I bought used slash with brushless electronics for only 100€ [emoji4], one caster block was broken so I replaced them with strc. Most of slash drivers agree that 4x4 driveshaft is better than stock ones. Also your stampede have bigger wheels, so driveshaft suffers more from 3s power.

Thanks for the info, starting to think I should run it on 2S instead because my son has the same as me and runs 2S with literally zero breakages, compared to my many [emoji85]

Maybe I can use the 3S packs in the helion instead [emoji12]

• Like 1

I started it so I'll take the blame! 

:back2topic:

Is 3S sensible to put through the Helion Select Four with the stock electronics? After my experience with 3S with a VXL I'm starting to think 2S with the right gearing is almost as effective without the heat and massive torque issues :erryes:

Still got mine, just changed the wheel/ tyre combo to Proline/ Badlands and SC10 shell. Parts were an issue to get hold of, I believe that FP still stock them. :D

• Like 1

Still got mine, just changed the wheel/ tyre combo to Proline/ Badlands and SC10 shell. Parts were an issue to get hold of, I believe that FP still stock them. [emoji3]

Had a quick browse online and wheelspinmodels stock all the spares too [emoji1303] do you run it on 2S or 3S just out of interest?

1 hour ago, Bix said:

Had a quick browse online and wheelspinmodels stock all the spares too emoji1303.png do you run it on 2S or 3S just out of interest?

Only ever run 2s, its mad enough with that, the Badland tyres have made a massive improvement. :D

• Like 1

Only ever run 2s, its mad enough with that, the Badland tyres have made a massive improvement. [emoji3]

Cheers for the info, I'm actually considering getting rid of my 3S lipos as they tend to wreck anything 1/10th scale I put them in.

Either that or spend a bloody fortune on upgrades!

58 minutes ago, Bix said:

Cheers for the info, I'm actually considering getting rid of my 3S lipos as they tend to wreck anything 1/10th scale I put them in.

Either that or spend a bloody fortune on upgrades!

Just buy a model or two which are more suited to the 3s, anything part from an Traxxas X Maxx. :good:

• Like 1

I'm going with 3S in my new (to me) Four10 SC, have a spare ezrun 80a esc and also an SC8 if required, though I think the 80a should be fine pared up with a 2600kv 550 size can, stock gearing.  Will let you know when I get round to running it.

Have a 4700kv HW can on 2S in my (lighter) Blitz and it's great, but personally I'm a big fan of less kv / more volts in a 4x4 basher.

Really like the look of these! But pretty rare second hand? Can't see any on eBay yet.

They are indeed rare second hand, I've only seen one and they wanted £200. I'd rather pay the extra £40 and know it hasn't been abused!

Even buying new they are a bit of a bargain for what your getting [emoji846]

• Like 1

I picked up mine, pre loved, £90 with spares, best rc bargain ever !!. [emoji3]

Lucky sod [emoji13]

• 4 weeks later...

Changed my mind... going with the 4700kv HW monster and 2S :whistling:

Just rebuilt the shocks, surprised how nice they actually are, even have little bleed screws built into the caps, never had that before!  I lead a sheltered life, I know...  The steering was also quite tight / binding, but that was the king pins binding in the c-hubs, a little shave and all good again.

The rear diff seems to be weeping so will get some new seals and rebuild with.... hell, no idea what weight to use... Any suggestions for a rear diff in a 4x4 SC???

• 8 months later...

Hi Noj old floyd here new to the forum and to rc but as a 1st car got this four 10sc gave it a run in long grass I believe it performs well but I can't say to much except did hit my wall a little hard and the same problem accured with the rod end I'm running on 5000mah 3s as a green belt it's hard to control 

• 10 months later...

Total thread resurrection here, but I've just bought one of these. They are nuts on 3s! Good fun. Already ordered the Schumacher uprated turnbuckle ends as the standard ones popped off even after a small roll. Brilliant fun. Looking forward to bashing and playing on BMX tracks and maybe even a race or two. 

Pictures to follow. 

• 3 weeks later...

Must dust mine off and give it another blast. Think I'm going to chuck a 3s in mine for a giggle... It's got a HW 4000kv in it now so should be quite quick when the wheels are actually on the ground!