• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 5ive T Progress Options and Opinions

SlayerLayer

Yeah it's good :thumbsup: I've 160 worth of stuff in my shopping cart atm [emoji3] now sitting here thinking do i need all that, should i buy it now or later. 

Only going on holiday in 2 weeks don't need too much spending money :whistling:

My new servo is on the way arrives tomorrow hopefully :yahoo:

Sweet Glad you got it sorted.

It can be an expensive Hobby sometimes it's burns a hole in my Pocket Sometimes.

Yeah it seems to be and its really sticky I've just bent 2 allon keys trying to get the front end off i dont think its coming off lol

I lost 2 screws today and my servo arm came off ill post up a video of me launching it a few up in the air later :D

For the video from this afternoon not very long and first try lol plus it was filmed by a 9 year old, it was also very windy as you will tell by the sound.

Snapchat-5507493582638938961_zpsceyoguqp

That was one the allon keys trying to remove the front end the rear came off easy enough.

Yeah i got some nice allen key sets that one was just from a set i was given thought i would use it to bassiclly do that then i could trow it in the bin :Dwatch?feature=youtu.be&v=6wPgoAK_NSc

But i don't have an impact driver i know someone whos most likely has one but if not, i can always take it to work and get it off in the workshop.

For the video from this afternoon not very long and first try lol plus it was filmed by a 9 year old, it was also very windy as you will tell by the sound.

Snapchat-5507493582638938961_zpsceyoguqp.jpg

That was one the allon keys trying to remove the front end the rear came off easy enough.

I would stick to running you're car on Grass mate you can usually find some jumps on grass if that's what your into its not a Skate ramp RC Car it is supposed to be an Off Road RC Car you will trash it if you keep using it on a Skating Ramps.

Still it's your car don't let me tell you what to do with it just advising you that's all.

1 minute ago, ROBSTER 1992 said:

I would stick to running you're car on Grass mate you can usually find some jumps on grass if that's what your into its not a Skate ramp RC Car it is supposed to be an Off Road RC Car you

Will trash it if you keep using it on a Skating Ramps.

Still it's your car don't let me tell you what to do with it just advising you that's all.

Well if you can find me some grass or dirt jumps around here by all means find me some but as you don't know where i drive or what i do seems a bit hasty to tell me where to use it.

Also i didn't break anything and i only use one or 2 jumps in that skate park that go onto grass, i go there sometimes for a bit extra fun to watch it fly.

I also don't do them kind of jumps expecting everything to be alright, if something breaks just gives me something to fix later which i actually like.

i always ran my drive line dry as the grit and dust will stick to the grease making grinding paste.

As for the bearings just give them a blast with GT85 spray or 3 in 1 oil. Dont use wd40 as it will wash the grease out thats already in 

But i wanted to replace the rubber boots on the rear and front that have grease underneath as one has a split in it so just replace both for safety, so hence why i was curious what grease i could put after i clean them.

20160217_170717_zps8iaumjbd.jpg

I'm trying to get the pin out and I've got the grub screw out, im i missing something else or does it just need a little bit of extra persuading with the only tool jeremy Clarkson has in his tool box lol :021:

20160217_170940_zpsduiyz7ub.jpg

Think it might need replacing :lol: .

Probably a good idea to replace the shock oil and maybe the oil rings hopefully the shaft isn't all scratched.

Yeah i tried that earlier and i just wanted to make sure before i used a bit more force.

Yeah I know i just found it funny as its almost all the way around lol pretty sure its just where the plastic bit sits and its stretched it too much. 

Right I'm now going to more drastic measures with this as it's not coming off.

Snapped the biggest flat screw driver I had and I've had that for years and it's been through a lot.

20160218_202613_zpsolbjxa7n.jpg

20160218_202739_zpsfxsfglo8.jpg

So now probably use a blow torch on it at work tomorrow or hopefully find a weird perfect tool for the job.