• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 5ive T Progress Options and Opinions

SlayerLayer

Cheers there's also like some sort of Rubery substance i put underneath that i got from work :D

But it should be alright.

Now my steering servo has burned out :-( time to get another one 

20160207_190144_zpswbjdxno2.jpg20160207_190129_zpsfxjlw8ri.jpg

I can use air filter oil that i use for my nitros on the 5ive right?

Also whats a good servo that i could buy to use with a 6v battery.

https://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/savox-sw0240mg-.15-35kg-waterproof-jumbo-high-voltage-digital-servo-clone.html

is this one good?

I ran twin savox for steering on the 5ive and had no problems, but the real power/torque is only available running 7.4v

The new Spektrum https://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/spektrum-s9020-1-5-scale-digital-surface-servo.html

would probably avoid the need to run a twin servo set up, but it's not cheap and again is designed for 7.4v

If money is no object then this http://abbotsrc.co.uk/Hitec-HS-1000SGT-High-Voltage-Giant-Torque-Servo-Conversion-Kit-for-Losi-5ive-Double-Sided-Servo-Ho-P5284668.aspx

is pretty much the dogs

If you can use a soldering iron, You can do what I did, The board in one of my KM servos burnt out, Rather than just chuck it, I had an old Futaba 1/10 servo kicking about, Just swapped over the boards, And it works like a treat.

So can i use air filter oil from nitros on petrol? 

And pullstart cover a good idea? Only asking as some people say it makes it worse by keeping grass and crap that comes in from the other end?

Thanks well ill get a pullstar cover then on my next order cheers, and i can bow clean the air filter lol.

I'll do the mesh mod later on.

I wouldn't use nitro Air Filter Oil on your petrol Air Filter.

Nitro Air Filter oil is supposed to be for Nitro cars not Petrol cars.

I use Maxima FFT Air filter oil I ordered mine from Freeprawn Racing it's Good Stuff.

you can use it but as it comes in small bottles it will cost more in the long run.

Unlike normal oil,air filter oil is very sticky. The good stuff come out the tin like water so is easy to rub into the foam then 5 mins later is very sticky to the touch.

But how much different is it as it shouldn't go inside the engine anyway just to pick up fine dust on the filter, surely you could almost any oil ?

Okay do What you want mate but trust me I have 6Years Experience of running two Fg Marders I used to run Nitro and I'm trying to help you mate and I would advise you not to Use Nitro Air filter oil as I said that's only meant to be for Nitro cars use the Proper stuff I mention mate trust me it's good stuff and it's the proper Air Filter Oil to use on your Air filter.

I'm just going to use it for now as i haven't got anything else but ill buy some petrol air filter oil on my next order.

It's just its had around 2 3 tanks i really wanted to clean it and put some oil on there.

Yeah it's good :thumbsup: I've 160 worth of stuff in my shopping cart atm :D now sitting here thinking do i need all that, should i buy it now or later. 

Only going on holiday in 2 weeks don't need too much spending money :whistling:

My new servo is on the way arrives tomorrow hopefully :yahoo: