• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC4WD fan's G2 D90 pickup/trail truck

RC4WD fan

8 hours ago, gti power said:

Looking good mate, I remember speaking to you before and you said you were coming away from the hobby ;-) 

thanks mate I've said that a couple of times now even sold all of my RCs but still come back :doh: have tried different hobbies but this one has a hold on me ^_^

48 minutes ago, gti power said:

Fairplay they look fantastic,  I actually used mine for the first time Sunday with the intention to get some good pictures ready to advertise however I'm not sure if I'm going to bother now or just keep it.

I was pumpkin scratching over the weekend to had good fun :good:  i would keep it mate you will only want another one if you sold it ;) 

right I'm really undecided on this made a tool box to put a small 3s Lipo to run the lights the same one that in my gt3b the battery only just fits in it unsure as it looks to tall :unsure: so do I use it with the battery and have it that tall cut a bit off to lower it and use it for some scale bits or not bother putting it on what's your thoughts on it A0AD4074-242F-454E-BCE1-960382B67298_zps

Exactly what Gaz said, just sink it down a bit, you could even make the bit at the bottom the bit that opens up so your lid never opens by accident or comes off, also, you could make the underneath bigger, as in wider and longer, to fit your receiver and everything inside.

It'd still look like a nice scale toolbox to the outside world ;)

• Like 1

right so sinking it it is then anyone know what would be the best way of making the cut by that I mean do I use a hobby knife and score it till it all the way through or use a cut off disc on the dremel :confused:  as I don't really want to mess it up and have to start over 

I'll try and and word it better I'm not very good at that :doh:  so say for example you have a square 100mm by 100mm and wanted to cut another square in the middle say 50mm by 50mm to make a spare doughnut what's the best way

Make the hole a touch too small with the Dremel then knife and file to suit the box.

i would score your outline though so you know where to keep the disc :good:

cheers mate I'll have a go tonight :good: 

tinkered way last night to sink the toolbox I made a box for the box to sit in :lol: 7D62DFD6-7342-4EFC-BAF0-09157DC6494F_zps it now sits 10mm lower and looks sooo much better 1490BD5C-0DAB-4F2F-8364-A10633B9B774_zps also put the painted wheel wells and radiator on the chassis B1F97CCE-587E-452F-A4F5-D2852101A0BC_zps really happy the way the radiator turned out 19F5A79E-A8C4-4269-9DAF-050CE7D2D9E6_zps

287725EB-EA3D-4B3C-8F3A-D56D092BC45D_zps

Edited by RC4WD fan
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Try using the Direct Code instead of the IMG one, loads of people are having problems with Photobucket pics at the mo 

thanks .AJ. working now :good: 

got the interior done ready to be put in I did have to modify the door cards because the battery pushes the interior up so the door cards stick to far up so chopped a section out they sit a lot lower than they where suppose to be but I can live with that C26B060D-CC42-4040-B534-D843D75A6CF3_zps 

Edited by RC4WD fan
  • Like 1

it's nearly finished just got to paint the window rubbers and paint the wheel arches doing them by hand  FA606378-5C67-4B10-AD20-650791BFFE46_zps and will be rebuilding the shocks tonight so no more bouncing like a kangaroo :) 

• Like 1