• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Spektrum DX4C vs Sanwa MX-V vs Futaba 3PL

scatteh316

Really struggling to decide between which of these 3 to get, the Spektrum works out the cheapest, the Sanwa has 2 receivers and the Futaba... well it's  Futaba.

Any suggestions or advice picking between them? 

I'm looking for signal quality, strength and range as they all have more then enough settings and features that I require.

I don't use a Futaba but from those I'd say Futaba.
Spektrum are so well known for having dodgy signal issues, I've personally seen it happen many times and it happens on a regular basis with a bloke I bash with weekly, they have a lot of features and are all well and dandy for electric but too hit and  miss for 2 strokes IMO.

AJ also reported having issues with his Sanwa and sold it although he replaced it with a Spekky and got lucky on the signal front.

Not heard any reports from Futaba owners killswitches constantly kicking in.

For me, why spend money needlessly, Flysky GT3B, far outpaces my mates DX3C for signal and reliability :P

1 minute ago, Oh How Original said:

I don't use a Futaba but from those I'd say Futaba.
Spektrum are so well known for having dodgy signal issues, I've personally seen it happen many times and it happens on a regular basis with a bloke I bash with weekly, they have a lot of features and are all well and dandy for electric but too hit and  miss for 2 strokes IMO.

AJ also reported having issues with his Sanwa and sold it although he replaced it with a Spekky and got lucky on the signal front.

Not heard any reports from Futaba owners killswitches constantly kicking in.

For me, why spend money needlessly, Flysky GT3B, far outpaces my mates DX3C for signal and reliability :P

Because in a lot of my bash spots there's certain area's that cause the kill switch to kill the engine and it's getting really annoying now.

Edited by scatteh316

Tried a different killswitch? 

I had a bad one once... ruined at least a days bashing. Kept killing the engine every couple of laps.

The 3pl does feel cheap as stated above but the internals are great and it never let me down. 

Keep an eye out for a used 4lp/4pls sometimes come up second hand at around the same price and they are a much nicer tx imo.

Edited by (-:AD:-)

I have the Sanwa MT4, best controller I have ever had, used it on a Losi 5ive and Baja, Baja had switchblade KS and the Losi had a Killer Bee, no glitches, no issues.  Used it on every 8th scale I've had and again, superb.  So i'd say Sanwa of course!

15 minutes ago, (-:AD:-) said:

Tried a different killswitch? 

I had a bad one once... ruined at least a days bashing. Kept killing the engine every couple of laps.

The 3pl does feel cheap as stated above but the internals are great and it never let me down. 

Keep an eye out for a used 4lp/4pls sometimes come up second hand at around the same price and they are a much nicer tx imo.

I have often thought about ditching the switch blade and getting a Killer Bee as I believe you can adjust the sensitivity?

It might just be that the switch is just being overly sensitive.

As said before I had terrible issues with Sanwa (but worked fine with my electric stuff) I bought a DX4C to try and it worked perfectly straight away, I then sold that and got a DX4R Pro, it's a huge step above any others in the Spektrum range and on par with MT4 for feel and use, butthe build quality is a better 

I had trouble with the switchblade I had... I didn't contact Lee but I'm sure he would help out as it was under a year old.

I only run killer rc superbees now. Yeah I think you can adjust the sensitivity on one of the micro switches.

I run a dx4s with a switchblade kill switch on my baja and my eyes give up before the signal.

by far and away spectrum are the nicest in hand for comfort and feel, never had any issues with any rc so I'll stick to that brand unless something happens otherwise.

one thing though, make sure the aerials on the rx and stood up proud and away from other wires if possible.

• Like 1

My good friend 

Just find urself a nice and clean 3pmmx 

And stick a low discharge 3cell lipo and send ur rig to mars and it won't drop the signal.

Fasst tx RX are the **** to go for,

Saying it from personal experience ,

Had hk300, dx4s and also tried 4pl  but 3pmmx is the bomb.

Cheers.