• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fid dragon hammer vs kraken vekta

sean-vrs

1 hour ago, .AJ. said:

I would think so, it would need a similar set up as a 5ive, so don't expected much change from 1.5k lol

I concur....the weight of the Vekta rules out the XLX, although the 2028 should pull it about with ease....

You've successfully put me off trying a conversion with an Alien ESC, which pretty much says MGM is the only option. 

I'd be curious about where batteries could fit without stacking them and causing a balance problem.

2 hours ago, HYPER-BOY said:

Nice.. I wonder if it's going to be tuned the same as any other Dom, low down power ? - When I had the 5ive and the Pro-MX I initially had the Dom on there, was decent but when I put the BZM Micro on there it opened it up so much more..

I think the BZM exhaust for the Losi is the best there is...  Quiet enough to not be obnoxious, noisy enough to sound 'right'!  Great broad powerband, pretty much perfect really!  

Any car with a live rear axle is not worth converting. The amount of chassis lost is approximately 1/3 to 1/2, this greatly reduces the amount of space needed for cells. 

You could mount them high up in the rear cage, but that'd raise the COG too high. 

The 5ive is the perfect layout for leccy due to its huge slab of chassis. Just a shame it's so heavy, they need upwards of 10S to really get their razzle on. 

• Like 1

The vekta fuel tank place would be ok for lipos wouldn't it. It will have good weight up high with a full tank. Plus it's a heavy rc so shouldn't tip over for two lipo bricks over the axle.  

What's a full tank of fuel vs two lipos weight difference. 

Tbh honest tho I'm about as intrested in these going brushless as AJ is in the dragon hammer lol. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Exposed to what? You are stupid if you run without the cage/shell on lol

The cage extends a good inch out past the edge of the chassis, so there is plenty of protection 

image.thumb.jpeg.60c7863656b1e260b951af8

Is this the vekta and the dragon side by side?

9 hours ago, mond said:

You've successfully put me off trying a conversion with an Alien ESC, which pretty much says MGM is the only option. 

I'd be curious about where batteries could fit without stacking them and causing a balance problem.

Well, you could buy one and work it out....:good:

Unfortunately should I buy one this year I'll be crucified. Need to get all the walls skimmed, false ceiling put in and floors sanded and sealed. Any purchases have to be sufficiently small enough not to be noticed!

The dragon hammer specs are very good. It's bigger than the vekta.  Length 931.6mm vs 884mm. Other dimensions are closer to each other. Dh 40mm taller. 

Both have the same 6061T6 chassis. 

Vekta has 8mm shock shafts.  Dh 7mm. 

Dh has 750ml fuel tank. 

Rollers weigh dh 16.5kg / v5 17.7kg +2kg to be rtr. 

Dragon hammer is more than 50% alloy.  

Dh will do 75kph 46mph with its zenhoa 29cc. Is that potential or fact tho lol.

Dh shocks are pretty big too. 185mm fronts. 225mm rears.  Vekta has 300mm shocks.  

Just a quick comparison for lazies like me. The dragon hammer has impressed me. Much better than expected.  

I wrongly used Dragon hammers gross weight of 24kg rtr instead of net weight 18.5kg rtr . 5ive is 16.7kg. Baja 13kg. Rtr 

Edited by RCbutcher