• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fid dragon hammer vs kraken vekta

sean-vrs

A delay is a delay, most of the RC's I've ever wanted that are fresh off the line have been delayed..  I see it as they want to get it right, plus if its parts are out of their control then that's just the way it is.  You can't make a second first impression so I would assume they want it to be bang on from the get go and sway people from a 5ive/Baja and new people to 1/5.

Personally I can't wait !

Edited by HYPER-BOY

I'm going to see what else is about exhaust wise before committing to the Dom, I will send Chris Bartolone a email and see if he has plans for one, I really don't want to be caught out and have to use a stock exhaust can, it would defeat the whole point of my engine lol

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear, it's as I feared.

It's not the best handling truck I've ever seen; it bounces around like Skippy the kangaroo :(, but deposit is already paid and I'm very committed.  It is after all a brand new 5th scale, precious little of those! :) 

Just seen on FB that a screw was backing out making the suspension hop? Not sure if they are back tracking or it's the reason, there is a section of the vid where the rear is pretty planted so it may me true....

My old man told me about it, if I buy anything expensive I always do it. So if it goes wrong you will always get your money back, it even covers you if the company you purchased from goes bust before you get your goods :) 

Edited by .AJ.

I've been told that the 5ive Outerwears is a perfect fit for the Vekta air filter, DDM have them on offer today, works out at just over £13 posted, a good saving over UK prices :) 

Dont forget the discount code DDM to get another 5% off.....

This thread looks very one sided now, where's the fid news? 

I know afew expect it to be a pile but I have faith they will suprise us.  Both fid and kraken are in the same boat right now. 

Both companies make bolt ons for the every day 5th rcs. Both companies have had both good and bad reviews. 

I'm not buying either so just happy to stir the pot and watch the battle of the 5th scale with axle showdown. 

I hope both rcs are very good all owners glowing with glee, but I hope the fid breaks the waves being so much better than everyone expected. Everyone already expects the vekta to be that good so it wouldn't be much of a win if it is that good.  

On 01/03/2016 at 11:40, RCbutcher said:

This thread looks very one sided now, where's the fid news? 

I know afew expect it to be a pile but I have faith they will suprise us.  Both fid and kraken are in the same boat right now. 

Both companies make bolt ons for the every day 5th rcs. Both companies have had both good and bad reviews. 

I'm not buying either so just happy to stir the pot and watch the battle of the 5th scale with axle showdown. 

I hope both rcs are very good all owners glowing with glee, but I hope the fid breaks the waves being so much better than everyone expected. Everyone already expects the vekta to be that good so it wouldn't be much of a win if it is that good.  

I find it interesting, as nobody has got their hands on the Vekta yet although choices have been firmly made. It could turn out to be a complete lemon :lol:

More video's of the FID DH on Youtube now... Been speaking to John and breakages have been very very minimal over the rough few months it's been tested.

He says it's a lot stronger then the X2 which is no mean feat as the X2 isn't exactly a weak truck!