• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RB E ONE R

Matt888

6 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

Nice colour though!  i see your cut and paint and raise you my two are still sealed in the box they came in!

Two still in the box !!, what motor would you recommend??, as my Vorza deal has gone south, already have a Hobbywing 150amp esc ??.

1 minute ago, QRC said:

Two still in the box !!, what motor would you recommend??, as my Vorza deal has gone south, already have a Hobbywing 150amp esc ??.

ESC is perfect.  Motor wise is a little trickier.  These have truggy ratio diffs, so like for like with say a typical 1/8 buggy there much slower.  To compensate you need a either a high KV motor or one of the option lower tooth count spurs or both.  The option spurs we're rocking horse poop as soon as the fire sale of the chassis started so finding one now will be tricky.  A managed  to snag two for sensible cost from an obscure LHS in France - the 43 and 44t from mem.  That leaves motor - my suggestion for 4S on a budget would be the knock off castle 2650kv - I 'think' it fits though check - the RB won't take a truggy length can, else the 2650kv generic black can is an alternative.  If you search this thread I think I posted some gearing / motor options somewhere.  The knock off castle will run 6s too....

4 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

ESC is perfect.  Motor wise is a little trickier.  These have truggy ratio diffs, so like for like with say a typical 1/8 buggy there much slower.  To compensate you need a either a high KV motor or one of the option lower tooth count spurs or both.  The option spurs we're rocking horse poop as soon as the fire sale of the chassis started so finding one now will be tricky.  A managed  to snag two for sensible cost from an obscure LHS in France - the 43 and 44t from mem.  That leaves motor - my suggestion for 4S on a budget would be the knock off castle 2650kv - I 'think' it fits though check - the RB won't take a truggy length can, else the 2650kv generic black can is an alternative.  If you search this thread I think I posted some gearing / motor options somewhere.  The knock off castle will run 6s too....

that’s good to hear, I purchased one of the knock CC motors this afternoon, might be here by end of Jan !!. :D

10 hours ago, QRC said:

that’s good to hear, I purchased one of the knock CC motors this afternoon, might be here by end of Jan !!. :D

I've had 5 or 6 now I think, in various buggies.  Can't fault them - it's totally wrong they can get away with using the castle name and branding mind - and I can't quite work out why castle don't anything about it.

• 8 months later...

Finished this last year but forgot to post on here. Drives great cheapo 2650kv gives 41mph on stock gearing 19t pinion HW BL150 esc and that servo has been swapped for a JX Servo PDI-HV5932MG Coreless 30kg servo which is 25.2kg 0.12 sec/60° @6v BEC output.
Has anyone found out which other  Steel spur's fit the Center diff?
HB D812 has been mentioned as sharing some design with this buggy, my plastic spur is fine no problems so far but only running 4s on the 2650kv motor .
PS this thread has been very useful cheers all for the info ``o=o¬ RCYAL8R
Servo link https://www.banggood.com/JX-Servo-PDI-HV5932MG-30KG-Large-Torque-180-High-Voltage-Digital-Servo-p-1074872.html?p=JW2206639952201406ZT

bf4452f4-6354-4523-80a0-58a5e3527174.jpg

WP_20180610_016.jpg

WP_20170826_039.jpg

WP_20170826_024.jpg

• 6 months later...
On 07/03/2019 at 17:14, Apperley73 said:

Will this buggy take a 1490kv motor? 

It would probably be better with a higher KV, unless you were going to run 6s? Also depends on the length of the motor. Only issue is mate these are pretty much obsolete now?

8 minutes ago, Apperley73 said:

It's sold now... So what can I put a 1400kv motor in then? Its come out my Berserker looking at a roller you see? 

Youd be better off selling the motor and getting something more suitable. Not many 1/8th rcs are internally geared to suit such a low KV

44 minutes ago, Apperley73 said:

It's sold now... So what can I put a 1400kv motor in then? Its come out my Berserker looking at a roller you see? 

Hong nor x1 CRT - 1/8 truggy with buggy ratio diffs - needs  a strong lower KV motor.  Or any 1/8 with a smaller spur - you don't even need custom work - there's a 34t IIRC one for the vorza style centre diff.  Or most simple sell it and get a more suitable motor.