• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RB E ONE R

Matt888

34 minutes ago, evssv said:

Don't  where  ur gonna  buy it from do  the spares ??. ...its looks a very good buggy....Never had one. ... But it can't b no worse then a trophy....dbx....virus...and for the price  new u cant go wrong 

That's what I thought it was good for the money, but I asked the seller about spares and he said they had a couple of donor kits for spares but what happens when they run out.

23 hours ago, evssv said:

I've just ordered two, Mike if your thinking of getting one go to PBM'S website as they are £100 on their rather than  £119 still with free delivery.

22 minutes ago, neil.b said:

The one PBM are selling for 120 is the pro kit version, the ones on mb models are the rtr versions. the pro or R version is far superior spec/quality wise. :)

Does the pro come with no wheels/tyres?

looks like the £100 roller comes with wheels?

im tempted, got some Xmas cash too!!

Get the One R (Pro version) - it's a great bit of kit.  Long term I expect spares will be an issue, but everything's available now and if you so wish pbm will do you a deal on two.  

Only couple of niggles I've noted so far are 1: Build manual for the kit version ( On R) has the rtr part numbers printed during the build process (so I'm told, mine never made it out the box) and 2: the diff's run truggy ratio's, not buggy's - hence the 19t pinion the kit comes with.  

Don't buy the RTR version, The kit is far superior.

I briefly had an RB E One R, or as we christened it at the track, the "Boner". I bought one on impulse from PBM when I was in there about a month or two ago. I built it and ran it a couple of times and the quality/performance was very good. The only reason I sold it was that someone I know wanted one and it just wasn't getting used due to the fact my main race car (Mugen MBX7R Eco) takes priority. The quality of the components is very good, and the parts all fit together very well. 

The provided instructions are not the best due to the fact there are lots of hopup/extra pars included with the kit. This means that its not always clear which components to fit straight away although you can work it out pretty easily. The buggy handles/jumps very well although the box setup was a little on stiff side for the track conditions I was running it in, but the flip side of this is that it means its would be pretty good for bashing. :)

I have seen the RTR up close and the kit version is a lot better. The RTR has much more of an air of "cheapness" about it and is technically inferior, from the cheapened shocks (which incidentally mount on the front of the rear shock tower/arm on the RTR version) to the dogbone drive train etc etc, its just worse.   

Edited by neil.b

On Sunday, December 27, 2015 at 1:48 PM, Daveyb84 said:

Ive been bought one of these by my other half :)

PBM racing are guaranteeing parts for at least a year so no probs there, i havent started building it yet but im impressed by what ive seen.  

Does it come as a bag of parts like a Tamiya kit? I'm so looking forward to getting it, building my Sand Scorcher was the best part of owning it.

On 12/27/2015 at 18:34, Matt888 said:

Does it come as a bag of parts like a Tamiya kit? I'm so looking forward to getting it, building my Sand Scorcher was the best part of owning it.

Yes!  

Here's a few 'real life' pics:

12435834_847946215321824_1883821138_n.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Matt888 said:

What esc and motor has been fitted in that car?

Middle pic is BigOggy's (member here) - Esc is a wpcs8 and motor the Orion Race8 1950kv.  

Bottom pic is another friend of mines, I forget what he's put in it now, though the motor was def a trackstar and memory niggles that it was the matching GENII esc.

Due to the diff's being ring cut, and the ratio, my thoughts would be to avoid a monster torque motor of higher kv  - the rtr comes with a 2500kv iirc.  

Edited by capri-boy
addendum