• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New KM X2

beano123

3 hours ago, babylon said:

I did another diff at the weekend, That's 2, only other thing to break is a servo, And that may be down to running on lipo.

The other thing I looked at was that like the 5ive,  A high percentage of the car is plastic,  And in all my years in this hobby, The plastic that KM use is as good as any I have come across.even when it comes to the alloy, A lot is changed for the free parts, And your only left with the shock stays, Drive shafts and diff internals, This is why the only thing giving people trouble is the diff internals, Cos there's not a lot else left to go wrong or break.

Since I've owned my X2 I've broken 1 CVD pin, 1 servo and 2 diffs..... I replaced the internals in all 3 diffs as it just made sense instead of doing the 2 and waiting for the last one to give up...... And the 5ive servo's aren't any more reliable then the X2's......

That's it.....Quite good considering the way I drive it...

New X2 is out today too... £25 cheaper but doesn't come with the free alloy parts... They've stopped stocking the version with the silenced pipe too.

Edited by scatteh316
  • Like 1

Stock X2 servo's are actually very powerful.... much more torque then the 0241 Savox servo's I had in the X2...... Stock X2 servo's don't suffer from servo fad like the 0241's do either.

If they can sort out the reliability out they will actually be a very good and viable servo but I suppose they are at the end of the day, RTR servo's.

Edited by scatteh316
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, DBXL Smithy said:

Anyone using a 21 tooth pinion on the 30.5cc KM X2 engine?

Will I need the engine mounts for the mesh?

If the stock gear is a 19, you can flip the engine inserts around for the perfect mesh.

I believe it's 2 up or 2 down and you can swap them round.

Something along those lines anyway.

You need the 21 inserts, they are ones with the holes exactly in the middle, the 18 also does 24 when flipped, the 19 does 23 and 20 does 22, if that makes sense :lol: 

Also the KM use different sized inserts to Losi ones.....