• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Locked centre diff

Carpmart

For the X3 GT speed project, I want to fit a locker.  Currently it has a nitro two speed centre diff.  Any ideas on an off the shelf locked up 'spool' replacement for this?

Appreciate any and all ideas...

AJ, what kind of speed gearing have you managed to source and from where? 

I have blue tac in a hyper center diff I used on my 2wd lwb carson touring car...with a 2000kv 4s combo.....I only gave it a few runs but  it worked ....I doubt it`d work for too long but u`d get a good few runs in with it.....I couldn't find a 1/8th locker when I looked....

Edited by evssv

What I did with my hyper 7 was buy an 8x50mm rod off eBay, some extra diff cups (the ones the fit on the front/rear pinion with a grub screw) and an 8mm bore spur adapter

10bc820586fb45a8feabb0b8808954f8.jpg

That is a 32t spur gear fitted, I still have to try it yet but the weather isn't on my side at the moment.

One other thing if you go down this route is you may need to find some slightly shorter dogbones, only a couple of mm

• Like 3

I have blue tac in a hyper center diff I used on my 2wd lwb carson touring car...with a 2000kv 4s combo.....I only gave it a few runs but  it worked ....I doubt it`d work for too long but u`d get a good few runs in with it.....I couldn't find a 1/8th locker when I looked....

Ive got to ask.........Why do you have a center diff on a 2wd car ?????

• Like 1