• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

This is a lively thread, with lots of speculative discussion and general excitement about a truck which could end up being a pile of excrement...  Just saying... ;) 

Just planning a couple of models to use with the plethora of 3s LiPos that will be in the FS section soon!  LOL

I don't think there will be a issue, apparently everything Traxxas make is based on the slash the slash is a good solid basher so following my scientific reasoning the x-max is just a big slash so things will be perfect!!

What does this tell you; the Zippy 8400 is £45, but the Nano-tech 8400 is only £20! Which brand has the better rep? 

Not a happy man!! 

They've slashed the price of the packs since I ordered last night.... That really, really sucks. 

Reckon the self-righting is limited to the TRX tx/rx? I'm assuming most users will stick their own radio gear in but it uses the "set" button...

I'm guessing it's gyro and if it has the Traxxas version of AVC its probably using the same gyro as used on that. Just a guess but would make some sense.

Could probably make one yourself these days but the strain on the drive train would give me some concern. 

I'm guessing it's gyro and if it has the Traxxas version of AVC its probably using the same gyro as used on that. Just a guess but would make some sense.

Could probably make one yourself these days but the strain on the drive train would give me some concern. 

from what I've read the tsm/avc is a option and not standard

What does this tell you; the Zippy 8400 is £45, but the Nano-tech 8400 is only £20! Which brand has the better rep? 

i paid £28 for the Zippy the other day, so it tells you naff all.

lipos are lipos. I genuinely believe that. The difference is marketing and profit.

I'd expect 8400mah to give 25-30mins max, maybe twenty minutes of hard, max throttle bashing.

Basing that on 7s, 8000mah and 780kv in a much heavier rig. Could be a conservative guess....

So many questions!!! Come on ship with container full of joy, get docked and unloaded!