• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

2 minutes ago, Guns said:

It's that picture with the bloody Dyson I'm telling ya!

ill get Valentine's Day and the car service out the way then see what's out there. I just feel anything I buy won't compete with it purely due to the size!

You have a itch that needs scratching!! Man up and scratch it :P

before i buy one i want to know what the fuse does. yes i know it melts

do i just replace the fuse or is the ESC dead.  Also selling the ESC to a none traxxas fanboy might not go well. lol  just imagine this in a ebay description (if the ESC ove heats don't worry as the fuse wire will just glow orange then smoke and leave a black sticky mess over your RC car. )

Just now, Guns said:

Just don't want (can't afford) a money pit. I'm already scared of the ESC, and I never like RTR TX's....

Im with you on the esc, but the Traxxas tx/rx are ok  imo, if you must have brushless have a look at the hpi baja flux on modelsport, a totally different beast, but castle 2028 as standard, must go some way to scratching a itch!

5 minutes ago, turok007 said:

before i buy one i want to know what the fuse does. yes i know it melts

do i just replace the fuse or is the ESC dead.  Also selling the ESC to a none traxxas fanboy might not go well. lol  just imagine this in a ebay description (if the ESC ove heats don't worry as the fuse wire will just glow orange then smoke and leave a black sticky mess over your RC car. )

Imo anybody who buys one and is reliant on the esc lasting a long while needs to buy something else

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

Imo anybody who buys one and is reliant on the esc lasting a long while needs to buy something else

Ive been looking. But Baja's as a "body" look terrible in my opinion. I've never liked them, they look weird! I want a Monster Truck.

1 minute ago, Guns said:

Ive been looking. But Baja's as a "body" look terrible in my opinion. I've never liked them, they look weird! I want a Monster Truck.

I must admit the only common thing they share is that they both have 4 wheels and brushless!

1 minute ago, Tug said:

Which brings us nicely back round to; will anyone else try to match the X-Maxx? HPI, Losi? 

The day after I  inevitably end up with an XMaxx, HPI and LOSI will announce a superior and cheaper competitor...... So just wait for me to get mine Tug, then order the competitor....

Let's hope for Losi - loved the LST when it came out, and got a model of one (Raminator) a few years later.

Thing is how are they going to use the chassis for the inevitable variants.

Al.

Edited by atom3624

1 hour ago, Guns said:

Agreed every Baja I've owned got quickly "kraken'd".....or sold. 

If if losi do try to compete with the xmaxx it will only be a scaled up 8ight chassi with bigger wheels and more suspension travel.

Edited by NG15

47 minutes ago, NG15 said:

Agreed every Baja I've owned got quickly "kraken'd".....or sold. 

If if losi do try to compete with the xmaxx it will only be a scaled up 8ight chassi with bigger wheels and more suspension travel.

you do know youve just described the losi 5 with big wheels!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

you do know youve just described the losi 5 with big wheels!

I know I was being sarcastic lol. I imagine losi will use that platform in several different models now due to its success. 

8 minutes ago, bjbear123 said:

I get shock oil leak out of my shocks, Shall i rub this over the shaft ?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/associated-factory-green-slime/rc-car-products/17177

I think you put it on the shock seal .but not 100% sure as never used it .. 

2 hours ago, bjbear123 said:

I get shock oil leak out of my shocks, Shall i rub this over the shaft ?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/associated-factory-green-slime/rc-car-products/17177

Leave the shocks alone, they should stop leaking once they've been run a few times. That's what people are finding, so be patient. 

If they do continue leaking beyond the tenth run, then consider rebuilding them.