• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

traxxas funny car

sean-vrs

A huge failure, sold so few units it has been discontinued for some time.

Minter on the bay for £225 or best offer, came with a 3150kv can, iirc.

Interesting choice...chassis space is tight, may make fitting a better can tricky....

It's actually a shame it failed, Traxxas put a lot of effort into the timing gear that was available separately. Trouble is, you have to have mates with the same thing in order to properly drag race them. 

Bringing it to our surface at rossa and hoping to get decent speed from it lol

If you are considering the funny car and X-01 id 100% go for the X-01 but replace all of the stock leccys apart from the motor

Bringing it to our surface at rossa and hoping to get decent speed from it lol

If you are considering the funny car and X-01 id 100% go for the X-01 but replace all of the stock leccys apart from the motor

I've got a xo1, there  are plenty of funny cars doing consistent 80mph runs on 3s is that not serious?

Yes that is serious and sounds pretty good, but trust me the funny car won't work on our surface, its too bumpy and has loose stones all over it.

I dont want to put you off coming though as its loads of fun, so bring a funny car if you must, could prove me wrong.

Edited by pieman5

Yes that is serious and sounds pretty good, but trust me the funny car won't work on our surface, its too bumpy and has loose stones all over it.

I dont want to put you off coming though as its loads of fun, so bring a funny car if you must, could prove me wrong.

sounds like a plan

the funny car is just another traxxas idea like the xo1 but it failed.  but as the price has dropped so much it is sort of worth it for a bit of fun. just as long as you have some very flat surface to run it on.

or are you thinking of doing this

Edited by turok007

This is this is the combo in the car 

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/mamba_max_pro_sct.html

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/castle-max-pro-sct-esc-2400kv-motor/rc-car-products/39947

The car is £259 at modelsport it looks a bargain to me!

The esc in the funny car is a rebadged MMP not the SCT version. It's called the ET-3S and is limited to 3s and has no on/off switch and also the caps are on outside. Apparently it can be 'unlocked' to run 6s but not sure if caps need upgrading. They used to be fiarly cheap from the U.S until people sussed out what it was.

funny_esc.jpg

Edited by stretch

Just a bit of banter, I'm still confused as to why it didn't go faster! On the plus side, a Baja doing 62 must've still looked mighty impressive?!

mate, it's all banter which I absolutely love .... I take very little seriously, as life is WAY too short for that! :D

actually, it looked really slow as it was so planted....

• Like 1