• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Forum Update

Nick

Dont like the way you can't reply to an update without actually going into it, before there was a box you could put replies into.

Also I when I click on 'Forum' tab to get back to the front page I am signed out and have to sign in again..  Most annoying!

FYI - I am using Chrome.

Yeah I don't like how you can't reply directly to a Status either, I'm looking in how to change this!

The login issue is most likely on your side, it probably has some confusion with the change in site/login/cookies/session etc. Try clearing everything and try again.

I'm on the mobile view and never liked the mobile view. But this one feels like Facebook and I hate it. I can't even switch to desktop either by scrolling all the way down or using my phone to get desktop mode. 

I use status more than anything but can't view the status posts. 

Hopefully with time I'll figure it out as it's been said this had to he done or the site wouldn't be supported. 

Tapatalk is an alternative I've installed. As for changing to desktop mode, I can understand why this would be a useful feature, I'll look in to it but sadly I have no phone, so I will post here if I change anything for you guys to test. :good:

Thanks for your patience people and keep the feedback coming, I want to make sure everyone is happy. :)

Over the weekend I realized how often I actually use this great forum and really missed it so hey to everyone its cool to be back :) However I must of missed the boat cos the forum is exactly the same on my phone as it was before?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The displaying of quotes seems to be a little weird.

Also, I'm searching for things in big threads I know should be there and get no results back.

This is because the posts are still being rebuilt I believe.

Is there a way to change your default theme?

The current one is a little to bright for me and giving me achy peepers :(

There isn't, the theme just takes some getting used to. I'll make some small alterations but it really isn't much brighter than the previous one.

I'm trying to attach a file of 250K and it's saying it's too large even though max total size says 1MB. Am I being thick?

Update: Tried a 100K file which was ok then retried the original and that works too now.

Edited by JungleS2K

i have been on the net in a darkish room for a couple of hours and i just popped back here and my eyes are hurting.  i think it might be because there is to much white.

Looking good Nick. I can't find the 'view my content' link which used to show your latest topcis which wa shandy for keeping an eye on FS threads etc. I found the 'my activity' link but that defaults to my latest posts and I have to click 'topics' not really a big deal but was very useful on the old setup.

I too miss this feature.

View New Content is replaced by Activity Stream, if you click "More" top right. It's the same but better with filters.

I have no idea where signatures have gone, let me check.

I see no filters after visiting 'Activity Stream'  I just get every single post made recently.  Not very helpful to me personally.

The only option I can figure out is follow everything I have posted in :( 

Please look into this as it was by far the better way to stay up to date and not 'lose' track of threads that are helping others with their hobby.

Also: Screen contrast is still extreme imo.

Looks good though and welcome the change :)

At my age I struggle with change,blue is for boys anyway would add a dash of pink at some time for the girls on the forum,overall I find it nice and clean looking with a breath of fresh air, well done :hppybday:to the new look forum..

Edited by ibo
To many anyways..

So I've done some testing with the Tapatalk app, and the two other forums i follow with it (Waze and RCCrawler) work fine and I received alerts as normal.

I can send a screenshot of my phone with them displaying if required as evidence?

With this in mind, there must be some sort of incompatibility with this new forum and the app - it's not passing the app what it needs to recognise posts are being made.

You say there are no specific issues with the IPS (or whatever it's called) forum software as such, so could it be that you need to activate Tapatalk compatibility anywhere?

I'm clutching at straws...

I only use my phone as I have Tapatalk installed and all forums are in one place but the new updates to the forum have made it slow and some times I have to sign back in . I'm very regular user of them forum and the last few days I've found it unusable . I've had to watch more TV! !!!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Rather than use Activity Stream use New Content, it works better, like before and you can filter down the left handside.

I've made a todo list, I have a lot to do! As some are not logically solvable. Thanks for your patience and keep giving feedback! I'll add it to the list.

• Gold Membership purchase not working
  • Tapatalk giving no push notifications
  • Design colours (too bright?)
  • Homepage
  • Broken Gallery Images in Posts (possibly due to rebuilding process)
  • Broken Signatures (possibly due to rebuilding process)
  • Change to Desktop view on Mobile
  • Image Upload limit on posts
  • Broken Login Links
  • Like 1

:lol:Well as ibo said I'm old and change is bad, but thaught I'd wait a while before posting and navigate around a bit, and do you know what well done Nick I LIKE IT! Who'd of thaught!

Edited by shaunm
  • Like 1