• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tomlad's Axial Dingo

Tomlad

There were no tears, just pointing out I was equally as ambivalent about your response as you were mine, so be happy.

So anyway, despite have the RX8 with its excellent BEC, I do also have a CC BEC on the go. Always a good idea to to.

Maybe if you believe in that it is :lol:

For those who don't, it's just a day with 'day' at the end ;)

On another note though, your first post did seem to indicate you don't need a BEC with an RX8, then you go onto say you run a separate BEC... Bit silly to post the first thing really if it's a moot point because you're not using it anyway.

That's all I was meaning... ;)

Been adding weight to the wheels. There isn't much room between the ridges in the middle of the wheel and as a result not much room for weight. I have seen the axial ones and don't fancy paying so much for them.

So I got some lead flashing and first cut some 7mm strips followed by 11 mm strips.

Managed to get the weight to 60g for the back and about 90g for the front. Wouldn't be able to wrap any more lead on as it would raise it in the centre too much. Would have liked a little more.

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

Does anyone cut the foams? I did it in my scout and I think it was an improvement. Just a little hesitant to do it on the scx10.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Foams will work even better with Trepadors because they're softer and smaller.

One small piece of advice while you're still in the build process would be to get some Loaded Ox axle tubes... They add a good bit of weight, nice and low and it's non rotational mass which is what you want, rather than weighting the wheels.

IMO 90g is a bit much.

I have 20g in each wheel to minimise the amount of rotational mass.

Of course it's your truck and entirely up to you, just giving you the benefit of my experience :)

Like OHO says, rather than adding weights to the wheels, going with some beef tubes is a better alternative. As above, I read a lot of stuff about rotational mass on the wheels not being a good thing for whatever the reason.

I've got the Loaded Ox beef tubes front and rear in Mud Pig. Just contact Banners on here and he'll sort you out and a very good price!  Here they are on my build thread:

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/209264-zombis-axial-scx-10/?p=2183821

Scroll down a pic.

Edited by Zombi