• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

So, whats your average battery times?

Nic01

With the quad, I was getting 13 minutes with a 1500mah 3S and 25 minutes with a 2200mah 3S, but obviously the RC cars have bigger and 2 batteries!

So, just wondering what sort of time of total thrashing it around would 2, 5900 2S's get about? As those are the ones I plan on getting.

Rough guess? Am I looking at 10/20/30 minutes or even more? With just driving it around, full throttle sometimes. Just wondering what size batteries to get.

With this maybe.

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__25136__Basher_SaberTooth_1_8_Scale_Truggy_ARR_.html

Edited by Nic01

This is a impossible question to answer with the little information that you have given us, there are so many different variables that will effect the final answer. This makes its very hard to give you a time without knowing what car you'll be running, age of the batterys and specs of the batterys. I'm sure someone will be able to give you a rough answer but you'll need to give us more information.

Edit, you hadn't posted the link when I started typing.

Edited by alex97

my 3400kv motor in my axial yeti runs indefinitely on my 3s 6400mah 40c battery, i just cant solder, so my son pushes it round for me, excellent run times :whistling:

Edited by Scoobie007
  • Like 1

I get 40 mins + 6s savage flux hp 2200kv geared at 20/44 2x 3s 20-30c 5000mah. Need I say anymore in stock form I was seeing around the hour with my driving style was a bit on off to start with as electric was new to me but as soon as I learnt all about applying the throttle smoothly that was it.

• Like 1

Hobbyking have some 7600mah traxxas plug lipos 3s high c rating made for the Erevo. There in the UK warehouse too.

Go to hobbyking then the search bar and type traxxas lipo. There's tons of good ones from zippy or nanotech

I'm tempted to buy this for a practice lipo for my slash 4x4.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__32792__Turnigy_nano_tech_5000mah_3S_40_80C_Lipo_Pack_Slash_Slash_4x4_EU_Warehouse_.html

Edited by RCbutcher

Hobbyking have some 7600mah traxxas plug lipos 3s high c rating made for the Erevo. There in the UK warehouse too.

Go to hobbyking then the search bar and type traxxas lipo. There's tons of good ones from zippy or nanotech

I'm tempted to buy this for a practice lipo for my slash 4x4.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__32792__Turnigy_nano_tech_5000mah_3S_40_80C_Lipo_Pack_Slash_Slash_4x4_EU_Warehouse_.html

I run my Erevo with these batteries (nano-tech 7600mah) in series for 4s, I get 30+ min of hard bashing... untill my diff f*cks up ...  :angrymad:  :crying:

yep... I keep doing something wrong and I'm not sure what... :/

Focusing on the rear diff, as they fail the most, try an ally diff cup and hardened crown gear, both available on ebay. Top quality bearings too, these three things should help, but I'm not promising.

Focusing on the rear diff, as they fail the most, try an ally diff cup and hardened crown gear, both available on ebay. Top quality bearings too, these three things should help, but I'm not promising.

I have installed s brand new different with housing (stock from trx slayer) so should be good now... Hopefully xD