• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Right then...

Prokart2000

Just get a firestorm, what you'll spend on parts for a lesser model will be MORE COSTLY than the firestorm in the long run.

Corrected, now we can call the matter closed ;)

traxxas bandit xl-5 will not be a disppointment, i love mine and after it has been run for a good bit the bushings in the wheel hubs need replaced, i got the bearing kit to replace the bushings and fitted a front rpm bumper and rpm back guard then shoved a 3300kv brushless system in it and it runs on 2s lipos with no problem and even the xl-5 esc it comes with has a lipo cut off and takes a 2s which it was running on day one :)

if a part breaks just replace that part with a rpm one out of all my models the bandit is the most reliable one for not breaking :)

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/traxxas-bandit-xl-5-id-rtr-black-/rc-car-products/392845 got that exact model for 180 quid years ago and i consider it money well spent, its a very fun buggy due to its long chassis and 2wd yet i see my self charging a lipo and taking the bandit out over 4wd ones that cost more and handle better just because it is FUN.

for the current price i see nothing that will beat it for been solid or any that will beat it's performance, oops a bit broke no worries just order a rpm part from model sport and chances are that cheap rpm part will not break :)

only part that broke on mine was the rear shock tower and thats because i made it brushless and kept pulling wheelies on rough ground and it landed at a wierd angle yet i have had it for so many years :)

you can also convert it to a rustler truck at a later date they both have the same chassis :)

Edited by Yrkoon