• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what hardcase lipo?

Yrkoon

hey guys im after a 2s hard case lipo about 4000-5000mah, and i don't want to spend more than forty quid so 30-40 quid is good.

i see quite a few on model sport but im unsure of the brands and what one is best etc.

please don't say go to hobbyking as they ****ed me over recently and i don't wanna open a can of worms :P

the battery would just be used in 10th scale models so no mad discharge rate required, so any opinions on what the better brands are for reliability that modelsport stock? going to be used in buggies and stadium trucks with motors ranging from 3000 kv up to 6000 kv.

Edited by Yrkoon

My suggestion would be a Zippy hardcase from Ebay.  Obv more expensive than buying direct, if it has to be MS then i'd prob go for:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/intellect-4000mah-40c-2s-shorty-lipo/rc-car-products/390457

ipbg2s4000v4.jpg

As they seem to be well regarded.

Edited by capri-boy

My suggestion would be a Zippy hardcase from Ebay. Obv more expensive than buying direct, if it has to be MS then i'd prob go for:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/intellect-4000mah-40c-2s-shorty-lipo/rc-car-products/390457

ipbg2s4000v4.jpg

As they seem to be well regarded.

I've been using a Zippy 6000mah hardcase from Hobbyking for a few months now with good results.

hey guys im after a 2s hard case lipo about 4000-5000mah, and i don't want to spend more than forty quid so 30-40 quid is good.

i see quite a few on model sport but im unsure of the brands and what one is best etc.

please don't say go to hobbyking as they ****ed me over recently and i don't wanna open a can of worms :P

the battery would just be used in 10th scale models so no mad discharge rate required, so any opinions on what the better brands are for reliability that modelsport stock? going to be used in buggies and stadium trucks with motors ranging from 3000 kv up to 6000 kv.

I've never had any probs with hking...what happened? ?

I've been using a Zippy 6000mah hardcase from Hobbyking for a few months now with good results.

Zippy 6000 or 6400s from hobbyking, good punch, last for a very long time :)

Couldn't agree more, my fav HK batteries so far.  OP had said they didn't want to shop there so..

If the FG Clone i've been offered is a no no then I shall revert back to sinking

Edited by capri-boy

I've never had any probs with hking...what happened? ?

well ordered 2 of the turnigy 5000 mah 2s lipos from them and i ordered specifically from the uk warehouse and then they take it upon themselve's to ship them from hongkong, so when delivery guy comes im stung for an extra 20 odd quid, and then to top it off one of the lipos was faulty.

their live chat help was total bs lol

it was my first order with them and i prefer not to deal with them after that, their loss tbh i got a fleet of 20 odd ground models needing stuff and im just starting to use the models again, got helis planes and boats as well.

ill have a look at the suggested lipo brands, cheers guys :)

Edited by Yrkoon

well ordered 2 of the turnigy 5000 mah 2s lipos from them and i ordered specifically from the uk warehouse and then they take it upon themselve's to ship them from hongkong, so when delivery guy comes im stung for an extra 20 odd quid, and then to top it off one of the lipos was faulty.

their live chat help was total bs lol

it was my first order with them and i prefer not to deal with them after that, their loss tbh i got a fleet of 20 odd ground models needing stuff and im just starting to use the models again, got helis planes and boats as well.

ill have a look at the suggested lipo brands, cheers guys :)

Fair nuff!!...

yay i was in my local hobby shop earlier and they had some hardcase lipos in the price range i was wanting to spend and the mah so i got 2 so a total of 3 5000 mah lipos now, my bandit gets some sweet run time on them and the 3300kv motor :)

picked up 2 5300mah nimhs for my starter box too :)

Edited by Yrkoon