• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Sidcup - Gravesend - Croydon

SidcupRC110

Hi bashers,

Is there anyone want to go out and have fun in DA14 or close?

I have 1/10 Maverick Strada EVo S Brushless I usually go to public parks like Danson Park or seaside at Gravesend on mostly every weekend.

If you live around please come and join me. If you know places in this area please share with me. I am looking for a place with muddy ground and paddles and leaves, rotten trunks, etc.

I just recently started this hobby so I have a long way to go before I can be an experienced RC maniac.

me and a few freinds have just opened up an rc track in croydon we mostly run large scale but anyone is welcome to run what ever they want to,its on the same site as traq go karting,jessops way off beddington lane cr0 4ts ,tenner for the day ,toilets and parking on site

• Like 1

Hi Glyn,

Nice and thanks, I will give it a try soon I think. I have a nice spot in Gravesend on the sea side. The soft sand is amazing there and lots of sticky mud and gravel the only minus is it can be a busy place (Fort Gardens Riverside Leisure Area - finding the car park can be tricky) with cheap parking. Danson Park has a lake and massive size of greens so my daughter (4 yrs old) can ride her NIKKO Vaporizr (amphibious car).

Apart from these I only got local car parks and some tiny patches in Sidcup we dont disturb anybody. People around here are very ignorant some even sent us away like we are somehow dangerous or too loud (I doubt that on electric). It makes me feel we are not welcomed. Sooner or later we might need to face new signs on the wall? NO BALL GAMES NO RADIO CONTROLLERS. :(

Somehow we should find a way sharing these gemstone places like geocaching (https://www.geocaching.com/play). Coordinates?

I only just live in swanley I normally go to my local park as I've no car which is 5mins up road from where I live got great open area of grass and a skate park for jumps nobody ever gets annoyed with me running my cars there most like to watch or come over and talk

If any of you's are able to, there is a huge open area near me. It has muddy puddles and concrete. Hardly anybody goes there so it a bonus. I live in Gillingham so it's if you will be able to get there. But you will love it!

no power on site unfortunately,been driving past danson park for the last couple of months for work,and i think i know the bmx jumps etc in swanley ,next to aldis or lidls?

yep next to aldis big wide open park 

If any of you's are able to, there is a huge open area near me. It has muddy puddles and concrete. Hardly anybody goes there so it a bonus. I live in Gillingham so it's if you will be able to get there. But you will love it!

Got a map location? I can get to Gillingham pretty easily by train. 

Got a map location? I can get to Gillingham pretty easily by train.

Well it's lower rainham

0a30f10a846d08b9461f42ea5e847063.jpg

It's about a 10 minute cycle from where I live.

It's the big area that looks like concrete

Edited by Brandon

On the weekend I visited the Canada Heights MotoCross track in Sidcup. To be exact the woods only close to it's car park. Check out the intro video I made. I was trying to capture the size and height changes (its around 1 meter between the trees.) I hope in the future I can have some company and some sort of competition. As you will see on the video it would be easy to turn the place into a proper mud and dirt track for 1/10 and 1/8ths. The rules are quite tight thou relating to the nature reserve area so I am not sure if a nitro would be OK or not but definitely the electric powered cars are less disturbance to the creatures of the forest.

Video here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8P8y84RwHCmcm41QVp0YjZWUkE

post-36983-0-70204600-1438094944_thumb.j

It is for me! What sort of terrain do you usually run on?

I have a couple of spots  - a few are grass, one is a hill literally made from gravel and loose stone which is great for rock racing but can be a busy place in the summer and the one I've yet to try but want too is Fowlmead country park near Deal. They look to have a good mix of terrain. Always looking for new and better areas and people to  run with though. Mid/East Kent seems quite dead for RC unless you do 1:8 racing. I'd love to give it a try but they don't even open the track other than for race days :(

• Like 1

I have a couple of spots  - a few are grass, one is a hill literally made from gravel and loose stone which is great for rock racing but can be a busy place in the summer and the one I've yet to try but want too is Fowlmead country park near Deal. They look to have a good mix of terrain. Always looking for new and better areas and people to  run with though. Mid/East Kent seems quite dead for RC unless you do 1:8 racing. I'd love to give it a try but they don't even open the track other than for race days :(

Those areas sounds awesome! I only run with myself as I have nobody in my area that does rc (I think) it would be nice to rc with someone! The place I run my rc's is perfect for me as about maybe 10 or so people go past in about an hour.

Will have to sort something out for later in the summer. I can get to Rainham station no problem (I got through it every day to work!) and it looks like a 10 minute walk to that spot. Got a couple of cars that if in a backpack too. 

• 4 weeks later...

If somebody would like to join me (and my little family) to bash 1/10 off-road on the river coast at Gravesend - Fort Gardens Riverside Leisure Park tomorrow. The place is amazing - sandy muddy grass and pavement all sort of. My truck cant wait to be there and the LiPo packs are waiting in the sack.

We will be there from around 12.

Edited by SidcupRC110

• 3 months later...

Probably a little out of the way, but i live in New addington and ive just got a 1:5 KM Baja. Literally 2 mins from my house is a disused pitch and putt golf course turned into public land, is perfect place for bashing as the hills to the greens make for awesome jumps, plus a stream, bridges, sandpits etc, and opposite is a massive field, and a 5 min walk is god knows how many acres of woodland

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/07/2015 at 5:04 PM, Brandon said:

Those areas sounds awesome! I only run with myself as I have nobody in my area that does rc (I think) it would be nice to rc with someone! The place I run my rc's is perfect for me as about maybe 10 or so people go past in about an hour.

Old post, I know, but there are quite a few of us around the Gillingham area, myself included. :)

I rarely get out though, especially in the colder months.

1 minute ago, Vr5fx said:

Old post, I know, but there are quite a few of us around the Gillingham area, myself included. :)

I rarely get out though, especially in the colder months.

Where abouts in Gillingham you located? It would be nice for more people to go with :)