• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OBR and 19/55 gearing, topping out at 38mph?

almighty15

Just the king motor version of the MX's...... my wedding is less then 4 weeks away now so need to be a little careful with spendage.

Either way they should make a pretty big difference.

Will sell the stock ones on to recoup some cash.

your not going to have poor rpm and massive wheelspin, some people fit a velocity stack to get better air flow

I use a velocity stack and the TGN angled filter.... some people on the net claim it doesn't flow enough air for high RPM's.

Edited by almighty15

i only use standard filters, lightly oiled ive never felt the need for anything else, what i do know though a bigger engine will not make your truck faster, gearing does that what the big block will do is get to your top-end quicker, more tourque will also let you pull taller gears which will then get you to your higher top end.

• Like 1

Already on mine its sat waiting to be run in a bit more and then im going for it with the gearing, maybe off road but im gunner try on road with a set of new dog bones :)

Some belted slicks and this new 813 carby iv just chucked on it lol! Some say it's better than the 990 but its just the pump thats different

but Yeh iv got the drive train to hold the power just the dog bones and it'll hold its own,

Silly question bit it wouldn't be the air filter restricting the RPM due to poor air flow would it?

My dbxl had a short bash at oxshott, it was running like a pig after that, I was puzzled, checked the air filter with outwears on it & it was filthy, after no time!

So is yours really clean?

Had this out today and holy ****..... The 4 Baja's I raced just couldn't keep up for love nor money.... Even with them jumping the start I still overtake them!!

What did you change mate? You seemed a bit underwhelmed at the beginning of the thread, Or is it just now you have something to physically compare it too?

Edited by Scoobie007

All I've changed is the tires!! Just a set of the King Motor version of the Hostile MX's.

It's still got no traction off the line at all but one it finds grip it's BRUTAL in the mid and high ranges!

I imagine that with harder compound and even better tires it would see a big improvement still.

I've also made the rear suspension soft so it handles the torque and reduces the wheelies.

Its a funny thing your baja is Antony, lol! It does as it pleases don't it lol! Crazy arnt they :D

It's been flying like a boss today.... I'll see on some better tires after my wedding when have some funds to see if I can get it faster....

Wes's Baja that's a stock 26cc with a V2 does 41mph and mine just keeps pulling on it so I should be around the 50mph mark, maybe more, and it gets there so quickly!!

How's the reed?

Edited by almighty15

Cracking kid thanks, just had a bit of carb trouble but its sorted now,

That motor sounds good, the one dean was running was loads quicker than my 29, the difference was night and day lol! Just shows what a bit of port work does, if they no what there doing that is,

Good having some power in it :D

After my recent engine woes, im probably going to drop the money on an obr full mod this week, uncertain of which yet, i was gonna opt for the g340, stick on 20/54 and see what happens lol

After my recent engine woes, im probably going to drop the money on an obr full mod this week, uncertain of which yet, i was gonna opt for the g340, stick on 20/54 and see what happens lol

What about an RCMK or SCZ?

Power is good..... power is really good......

TTO helps to tune as well as I just lean/richen until I get the best RPM.

Think I topped out at 17,800rpm today on the DOM clone.

What gears you running now still plenty more revs to be had :) should be topping out that TTO then you'll see some speed :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What gears you running now still plenty more revs to be had :) should be topping out that TTO then you'll see some speed :)

Running 19/55

I did try to tune it a little but could break past the 18k rpm barrier...... peak rpm's seemed to drop as the tank got more and more empty.

Any tips?

Depends 18k is OK on say normal length grass but what's normal? Footie pitch grass you should be topping that TTO out.

Get on a nice length road less friction and you'll top it out easy, and with those tyres should see around 50 at 18k it will clearly Rev more than 18k :) and TBH you'd see a few MPH under 60 :)

If you can't Rev that TTO out then my guess is the carb/exhaust is holding it back.

Just under 19k on my clone Dom I think that was a 990, but once if set my carb I'd never mess with it.

That was also on 21t :)