• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Problem with transmitter/receiver? Help needed!

Madbull8

Hello,

This is my first time using any type of forum concerning RC cars! I have a problem with my FTX Vantage, which I have recently converted to brushless/2S LiPo using this ESC and motor combo: http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__65980__TrackStar_ROAR_approved_1_10th_Stock_Class_Brushless_ESC_and_Motor_Combo_13_5T_.html (a really great value set which works perfectly in my Tamiya DF02 chassis!)

The Problem I've experienced with the Vantage is possibly something to do with the transmitter and receiver, which is an etronix system. After I calibrate the throttle position using the programming button on the ESC and pull the trigger on my transmitter, the car moves off in reverse at full speed, and when I set the trigger to reverse the car moves forwards at half speed (which I assume is the setting for reverse.) At first I thought simply reversing the channel would solve the issue, however this caused the car to move at reverse speed in the forwards direction, and would cause the car to cut out altogether if I quickly switched from forwards to reverse position. Not too sure what's going on here!

I have checked all the contacts on both the ESC and the motor and they all seem to be fine. I'm pretty certain that the motor is not drawing too much power from the battery, so doubt that this is an ESC problem, but I could be wrong! I have tried rebinding the transmitter with the receiver, however the problem persists despite my efforts....

Any advice on how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated! I can't think of what else to try!

Thanks

Brushless system has 3 wires between the motor and ESC.

Take any two wires,doesn't matter which two and swap them around.

Recalibrate afterwards.

just gave this a go and re calibrated the transmitter. Switched everything on and squeezed the trigger only for the motor to stutter and then give up completely.... Could it be something to do with the sensor wire? I'll try swapping different wires around on the motor, might just need to change the right ones around

here we go. 

first off charge up your batterys fully.

Turn On handset, make sure the throttle chanel reverse switch is in the N mode ( N=normal / R = reverse )

with your bodywork off, plug in battery and start up car, push throttle forwards. 

IF car goes forwards everything is correct..

If car goes backwards, TURN OFF CAR !!!. and handset.

take ANY TWO WIRES coming from the MOTOR and swap them around 

so take A wire and C wires on the motor and unplug them , put the A motor wire into the C esc motor wire,

then  take the C motor wire and put this into A esc motor wire. 

Turn ON HANDSET.

turn on car and power it up.

tap throttle and the car should now drive forwards. 

Edited by Tamiyacowboy
  • Like 1

here we go. 

first off charge up your batterys fully.

Turn On handset, make sure the throttle chanel reverse switch is in the N mode ( N=normal / R = reverse )

with your bodywork off, plug in battery and start up car, push throttle forwards. 

IF car goes forwards everything is correct..

If car goes backwards, TURN OFF CAR !!!. and handset.

take ANY TWO WIRES coming from the MOTOR and swap them around 

so take A wire and C wires on the motor and unplug them , put the A motor wire into the C esc motor wire,

then  take the C motor wire and put this into A esc motor wire. 

Turn ON HANDSET.

turn on car and power it up.

tap throttle and the car should now drive forwards.

Okay, done as you say and the problem seems to have been solved. Thanks for your help!!