• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bez's MGM Powered 5ive

-BEZ-

I'm not gonna go searching, I'm gonna ask for the specs on that servo so that the hundreds of people reading this thread can drool over the numbers right here.

So, what are the specs on that servo? (Including price from new!) :)

Have started trying to choose a more efficient motor for it yet?

dot_orange.gif 10.5 N?m(107.7kg-cm) in stall torque at Input Voltage 8.4V

dot_orange.gif  9.6 N?m(92.4kg-cm) in stall torque at Input Voltage 7.2V

dot_orange.gif  7.5 N?m(77.0kg-cm) in stall torque at Input Voltage 6.0V

dot_orange.gif  6.0 N?m(61.6kg-cm) in stall torque at Input Voltage 4.8V

Price wise the servo can be found for around

• Like 1

Those numbers are bonkers! They're seriously close to "careful, it will break your arm!" territory!

The price wouldn't bother me, for years I've appreciated that decent servos cost decent money. Buy expensive, buy once.

Cheers, RM.

They are very good. the one Bez as is 8 years old and i got it second hand lol. Rebuilds are easy as Ian Oddie still services them and can make them faster at the cost of a bit less torque .

You only ever buy one tonnie  :thumbsup:  but i have 2  :whistling:

On a upwards of 2 grand rc car that's cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have to disagree its certainly not cheap!! a lot of stuff in this hobby is grossly overpriced, but if you can afford it you bite the bullet and pull the trigger!

if i think about my investments i shudder, but im happy so i carry on and bulid more shelves!!!

Could always be worse sean, It could be robotics lol .......... reminds me of another project I want to get my teeth into lol

The longer you are into this hobby you learn the lesson of buy cheap buy twice (or at least twice lol). 

Tug: So far I've had no problem with debris near the open parts on the motor, MGM said its fine as long as you don't run on sand. At this moment in time I'm going to leave it will have a rummage about and see if I have any old outerwears material that I can use and perhaps cnc/print some kind of clamp to hold it in place :)