• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's Exotek Mini 8ight T

.AJ.

Tbh there is nothing really wrong with 2 pole motors, yea 4 poles have more torque, but 2 poles rev harder and with added timing can pull the same gearing, all be with a little extra heat

The 58mm sounds interesting, but I'm unsure about the space on the chassis, there is alway the option to stick the esc up on the top deck, but I would rather keep it on the chassis to keep the COG as low as possible

Yep true and don't get me wrong I did try the velineon at one point and that's a 2 pole and it ran fairly cool although it was a lower kv .. I don't see the leopard you linked running overly hot as its a nice big can unlike the silly stock one ..

One thing I noticed was the motor mount can struggle to hold a long can if your jumping it quite high etc..

You could shove a massive tenshock in this, only problem is they have 4mm shafts :(

http://tenshock-motors.de/Brushless-Brushless-Motor-buerstenloser-Motor-4-Pole_28

http://tenshock-motors.de/Tenshock-Brushless-Motor-4-Pole-TSCZ1540

Edited by pieman5
  • Like 1

Yea, I've ordered

Carbon Chassis

Carbon Top deck

Alloy steering rack

Alloy Servo mounts to run Low profile servo

Alloy Lipo block set, so I ran use a shorty lipo (only works with Exotek chassis)

Carbon Shock towers, be rude not to.....

Carbon Battery strap, because I'm a tart :lol:

Ahh fair enough, is it any different in size or anything? Or is it purely that it takes a bigger motor? Do you also know if everything stock can be used with just the Exotek chassis?

I'm still really liking the idea of one of these, but I don't want a massive shopping list of upgrades right from the box.

I'm pretty sure the chassis can be used by itself with the stock parts bolted back on, the chassis has a cut out for larger motors, I'm not sure what size the cut out is tho. I went this route so I could make use of all the extra features available with the other Exotek parts fitted

Edited by .AJ.

Have you got any upgrades planned for the hubs?

I had a fair amount of trouble with mine breaking hub components. I was using it off road but nothing too crazy and only on 2s. In the end I got the alloy hubs from asiatees and never had any problems after that.