• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's Exotek Mini 8ight T

.AJ.

Be warned, unless they've changed then the HR spurs are mod .5 and not 48p

Its probably the reason why so many people seem to have mesh issues with them. You can check which it is by measuring the diameter but its too long ago and I can't remember the numbers except that 48p works out about 2mm bigger

Yea it's meant to be good motor according to a few people over on RCTECH, the choices of suitable motors ain't really that good tbh and if it turns out to be not that good I've only wasted

They have bought out a 48dp version....

About time :)

Ran the HK outrunner in mine, works lovely just not with a hobbywing ESC. The 28mm leopards are good too if the turnigy doesn't work out and you want to avoid spending neu money! :)

Nice but I would have gone higher in kv and used the leopard 4 pole

Mine was a blast but the front cvd's from losi don't quite fit and the standard dog bones are soft as butter :( Diffs are okay but the ring gears are a pile of turd. If it wasn't for these troubles I would have kept mine but the diff gears aren't cheap to keep replacing every 5/10 packs

If I was to do another I would go down the mini revo spur mod and get shiot of the losi spur as it makes life easy

I'll be following this to see how you find it with interest

Mine was a blast but the front cvd's from losi don't quite fit and the standard dog bones are soft as butter :( Diffs are okay but the ring gears are a pile of turd. If it wasn't for these troubles I would have kept mine but the diff gears aren't cheap to keep replacing every 5/10 packs

Ive been told you need to run the longer lightweight diff cups to use the CVDs and they also wear better, the cups and CVDs are pretty high on my to do list :)

How do you turn the motor shaft down?

With some skill ;)

Basically stick the motor in a vice connect a esc and lipo spin it up and grind the shaft down using a Dremel.. Motor goes one way Dremel the other and keep checking it with callipers .. Sounds tricky but take your time and it's not the hard

• Like 1

Ive been told you need to run the longer lightweight diff cups to use the CVDs and they also wear better, the cups and CVDs are pretty high on my to do list :)

lightweight longer cups ? Are these quite new ? Made by losi ?

Hmm that's sparked my interest any news on better diff gears ?

The lightweight cups are also made of much better metal than the stock ones and don't notch out first 3S pack you run through them. They're an old M8 part and worth getting once the stock cups are done.

I didn't keep my M8T long enough to make any long term durability calls on the cvds but mine didn't come out although they were close

Fitted the RPM rod ends

20150501_132128_zpsdlzc0ecb.jpg

And I've ordered a set of anti-roll bars and the lightweight centre shaft cups to keep me busy while I wait for other parts to turn up :)

I wasn't too impressed with the use of crosshead hardware which came with the anti-roll bar kit, so I've ordered up the correct sizes in black hex.

So far I'm finding the stock hardware pretty good, I did read stories of them being soft and stripping out too easy, but I've not had an issue yet. Maybe it's because all my tools are in good condition and not rounding out at all :)