• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone else go shooting ?

epons300

Zeroed in the HW44 more or less. The neighbours cat decided to pay a visit and kept sitting in front of the target despite me shooing him away every time. That’s one persistent cat. Oh well I’ll have another go after lunch.. :D

But that aside really impressed with the HW44. The action is smoother and cocks easier than the HW110. The trigger is absolute perfection. I had read that they had made improvents to the HW110 design when adapting it. And it is so quiet when firing. More of a gentle pffft than anything else

John. 

• Thanks 1

I have this one and it is very good indeed. Gives very consistent readings.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01HHN2MOO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Stay away from the Xcortech ones that look similar but aren’t accurate and are affected by light etc.

John

Edited by johninderby

Decided to change the 2x20 pistol scope I’d stuck on the HW44 with something better so went out and picked up a Leeper 3-9 x 32 BugBlaster scope. Wow what a difference. So much sharper and clearer and the option to user a higher mag which suits me as I wear reading glasses and even though I don’t use glasses to shoot a higher mag makes it a lot easier for me to see the target clearly. Also the scope will focus down to a silly 3 yards so ideal for close range garden shooting. :yes:  Just noticed the rear flip up cap isn’t pushed down straight. :doh:

Also managed to find a alloy mini fore grip. Didn’t need anything big, just enough to help steady the pistol. Looks like it could have been made for the HW44.  :thumbsup:

Also added a rail mounted bubble level.

John

Bug_Blaster-1.jpg

Bug_Blaster-2.jpg

Bug_Blaster-4.jpg

Bug_Blaster-3.jpg

Edited by johninderby
  • Thanks 1

On 27/02/2018 at 10:01, johninderby said:

Why are spare mags so expensive.  £££££££

Was thinking of getting a couple of spare magazines for the HW44 but at thirty quid each don’t think I’ll bother for now.

John

I haven’t bothered with my S510 as more mags means faster pellet use & we already use a fair whach between me & my girl.

• Thanks 1

Lol, not that bad, we use a tin a month plus we have lots of other tins to try out if we run out but my go to tin is always Air Arms Field Diablos.

ive just Bought a .177 tester pack from jsb, 7x30 different types for the Kral.