• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

king motor evo

maiden939

I haven`t run it much just a couple of runs down the street it has serious grunt so it points at sky alot maybe a wheelie bar is needed. Only issues i`ve found was a pin in the cvd was loose and the diff was filled with what smelt like engine oil, overall build quality is very good but a bit of a pain to change the batteries also no instructions on how to program esc, it seems to be a rebranded toro beast exactly the same in everyway apart from the name so my be a toro programmer may work. i`ll post more info and vid at the weekend weather depending.

Looks OK, what's the KV? Runtime?

Its a 960kv 8 pole motor don`t know runtime yet i ran it for about 8 to 10 minutes and the lipo cells were at 4v so probably about 20 minutes. Edited by maiden939

Sounds reasonable, especially as they gave you decent size cells with it.

Does it have a slipper?

No slipper same set up as 5b so plenty of gearing options.

You might find that 8S is too fast for general bashing and also shortens runtimes too much. Be sure to try 6 and 7S and let us know how it goes?

What gearing have they given it?

You might find that 8S is too fast for general bashing and also shortens runtimes too much. Be sure to try 6 and 7S and let us know how it goes?

What gearing have they given it?

I will try 6s and the gearing is 57/14.

14/57 is stock e-badger gearing, castle claim this is safe for 8s running.

Noj says sod that, 17/57 and 7s makes for oodles of fun. The buggy can take 18/57, tho temps climb a little with the 780kv.

14/57 is stock e-badger gearing, castle claim this is safe for 8s running.

Noj says sod that, 17/57 and 7s makes for oodles of fun. The buggy can take 18/57, tho temps climb a little with the 780kv.

I have a 54 hostile spur would there be any benefit fitting that with the 14th pinion ?

Slightly higher top speed (but not much), slightly higher current draw, which you don't want really.

I shall not endeavour to take that route.

• Like 1

The quality of parts and hop ups now included probably reflect the rise in price  but the hpi 5b flux or 5sc didn`t give you much change out of a grand, and the km comes with a flysky gt3b , 2 4s 5500mah 40c lipos and alot of alloy parts.

It comes with LiPos?

If you require a different pinny, I have some 16t available ;)18s as well, but that could be a tooth too far ;)

Cell too far I reckon... :tease:

No, in a nutshell.

14/57 is stock, I've run 16/17/18//57, Tug ran 15/57 for a long time.

Same caveats apply as with any leccy set up, ensuring gearing isn't causing hotspots in the system.

Only time I've had squishy lipos was after oval racing at BHBF in 2012, they recovered and are still in use today ;)

Be good to get one up against a castle powered badger for true comparison...same gearing and cell count, which is quicker?

(NB: El Beasto has a habit of side swiping anything that tries to come past her... ;) )

Be good to get one up against a castle powered badger for true comparison...same gearing and cell count, which is quicker?

(NB: El Beasto has a habit of side swiping anything that tries to come past her... ;) )

Bring it, biatch! ;)

• Like 1

A bit of an update not had chance to get vid yet shes had me decorating so hopefully tommorow .

A couple of extra bits fitted today well paint was drying, front lower chassis brace and better top brace the weight of them should help keep the front down  :whistling: .

20150411_195211_zpskcl7uzth.jpg

20150411_195247_zpsgvk183j7.jpg

Also big thanks to rc modelz great bunch of guys very helpful with a couple of concerns i had mainly a programming issue or lack of ways to program it, after there tech guy did some research it turns out the esc is a rebranded Toro beast 200a esc so it can be programmed in a number of ways one for example is a skylink similar to a castle link but only cost

• Like 1