• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

king motor evo

maiden939

Thinking of buying a new 5th scale buggy and when looking I came across a king motor evo 1/5th scale brushless baja at rc modelz , I already own a km baja which is great but I'm limited where to use it due to noise but I prefer 5th scale and the evo seems a good compromise. So I was wondering if any body has any experience or seen the evo running any reply greatly appreciated.

No owners on the forum, there are possibly two builds running the toro branded version of that ESC, not sure on motor kV.

It is cheap for a BL fifth scale, providing the electrics are up to the job....and the drive line can continually handle the power.

No owners on the forum, there are possibly two builds running the toro branded version of that ESC, not sure on motor kV.

It is cheap for a BL fifth scale, providing the electrics are up to the job....and the drive line can continually handle the power.

Thanks for the quick reply ,That's my main concern the quality of the electrics and in the specs it says it has a throttle servo wtf

I read that also and put it down to poor QC in the spec listing department/a lazy proof reader ;)

History tells us that the v1 version of the ESC, again, under the toro name would vent. Repeatedly. The v2 is supposed to be more reliable.

For me (running two badgers with castle set ups) the 910kv can is perhaps the issue, drawing too much current on 8s. Lower kV = lower current draw. This can be addressed with gearing and cell count of course.

No idea how well KM would honour the warranty on the electrics, so, if they fail, you're looking at replacements from your own pocket.... Prices are much better on castle kit now than three years back when I bought, however there are now Alien escs, which are proving reliable. Tug runs one in his BL badger....

I lost faith in Castle products I've had 3 esc's from castle and 2 smoked and one just died may be user error or bad luck,but had 2 hobby wing esc's for a couple of years now with no problems at all.

When i Google the jaguar 200a esc there's no or very little info but the hobby wing is very similar and reasonably priced.

They look fast, rear tyres need belting/zero growth foams adding, doesn't prove owt about long-term reliability :(

Appreciate that at 600 quid it's more than 'taking a punt', the dicohetemy being if you don't, you'll actually never really know.

Life is harsh ;)

• Like 1

I saw that video and it looks insane but it's the electrics that are my main concern, I know the km baja drivetrain can take a pasting as mine is regularly abused with very few issues.

They look fast, rear tyres need belting/zero growth foams adding, doesn't prove owt about long-term reliability :(

Appreciate that at 600 quid it's more than 'taking a punt', the dicohetemy being if you don't, you'll actually never really know.

Life is harsh ;)

Very true, but it's nice not to go into something blind , I may just bite the bullet and visit rc modelz in the week and have a look first hand. Edited by maiden939

Still gives no indication as to the quality of the ESC and can though ;) A BL doesn't need a raft of extra bits for strength (as some believe): proven this with our lasses 5B, which is very much stock SS :)

if you do buy, please do a review and a video as the km x2 owners seem very shy!

Will do probably mid week when I can get down there.

• Like 1

i see your quite local to me where do you run your trucks?

Fenton park and a couple of fields in Wolstanton and middle port area.

• Like 1