• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone running a RR5

flatout!

Mike is anyone from rossmods racing this season ????

Not sure

Not that I'm aware of, Stevo is not longer on the scene and Rick has to look after his family so unless they give a box of stuff to a current driver then the mcd drivers will be stuffed

there will be support track side at the nationals.

How about this then ? Built and designed by Andy Love one of the national racers

10430503_10152143716905418_7916923909512

1510427_10152724040635418_19444356321503

the best looking buggy iv seen yet :) if you've seen better show me please, because this thing looks awesome ;) Edited by flatout!

Not true Mike.

You can be competitive with a box standard Losi 5ive T running the sc class. So you could buy two full ready to race 5ives for less than one Imp4ct.

The Buggy conversion will come out about the same as the 5ive T buy the time you sell on or dont buy the shell, rollcage and wheels

Its just we like shiny things  :whistling:

• Like 1

Theres no doubt it will be very quick round a track but for club racers im thinking it will be a pain in the back side to work on

in between the heats should you have a problem.

Like the RR5 a very good race car in team drivers hands but look how many of the club racers have sold them on to move to the 

other makes. Same thing a nightmare to work on trackside. Thats why the 5ive T and now B seem to be the car of choice.

Very easy to work on should you have a problem. 

• Like 1

I rekon it looks simple enough, like the prop shaft across the tank, straight out the box to the front diff looks more like a real set up rather the set up used in the losi today to be honest, but the losi is tryed and beat to death so im thinking losi chassis and buggy it, they look the machine for me,

you seen how much hammer a losi takes out the box, jeeech! There good, its just the 4x4 iv got to get by me, iv got to use one and the only way around that is to buy a losi second hand roller and use my engine iv got in my baja, with the adapters to fit it in a losi that is, ;)

Nothing wrong with shaft driven 4x4 but have you counted up how many gears there are ???

Theres 7 i can see un covered lol. Thats lots of grub screws to keep tight

This is just the rear setup

Elcon-IMP4CT-4WD-Off-Road-Racing-Buggy-I

Tell you what though it looks bloody nice dosnt it, sod the rubbish, id be stripping it every time i touched it never mind useing it lol!

These things are a different class, its a money's not a object kinda thing. But there still nice :D

Simple fact it, Elcon are the European champions in 2wd and 4wd. The car is well thought out and has been tested in tough high level competition - to date, the losi hasn't. I think the losi (despite me not liking it as a sc truck) will definitely give the mcd a run for it's money in the right hands - with evenly matched drivers I think the losi will outlast the mcd.

Definitely sounds that way pal, i can't wait to get one built, the losi 5ives the way to go, sounds like they chop them to make um a bit shorter, must get rid of that over steer better on track tight corners, this is the way im off anyways ;)

It should be the champion car at nearly 3x the cost of the losi. The fact is as we both know its as much to do with the driver as the car.

And full on Factory drivers are a totally different thing.

Im looking from a club racers point of view and

Unfortunately It would seem the losi isn't as bulletproof in buggy guise. After a head on in today's final, it was definitely stock losi 1, buggy losi 0.

Stock losi repair bill= zero.

Losi buggy repair bill = lots.

It would seem that the removal of the stock losi body for a buggy shell leaves the front vulnerable.

Christ on a bike these losi b's 4x4 buggys are awesome, what a machine it is, and they wedge them selfs in a fence flatout and they pulled it out and it drove off, wicked looking thing aswell, best looking buggy iv seen, apart from my baja that is lol! ;)

• Like 1