• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hubsan x4 or nano

X4 V2 is great fun, if he can fly a heli he should take to it well.  Be prepared to change motors yourself though Jim, i've had one burn out in prob 2hrs flight time (not crash damage).

Parts via banggood are tres cheap, just order a crash pack and spare props in advance.

• Like 1

My X4 is best suited to indoors, it goes great in the sports barn where we race, though outside on low/no wind days it's also good.  When the wind picks up even a little you need (or I do with my skillset) to be constantly moving aainst it, or it drifts something rotten.

• 1 month later...

I just got myself an X4 for some fun, with 2 extra batteries and a lead so I can charge it off my proper charger.

So far it is great, mine didn't come with prop guards, so they do get a little damaged when in the hands of a novice like me, but I will practise and try and get a little better at flying it. I didn't know quad's were this difficult, I got used to my little heli quickly but this is a little more difficult.

Time will tell how it holds up, but for

Quick question, I own a X4, (1 or 2 of the motors have burnt out) instead of replacing them I'm going to buy another one and then use my damaged one as the spares. 

However, theres the X4 and the X6, what is the difference?! X6 is around

x4 is running the standard 3 axis gyro

x6 is a 3 axis gyro coupled to a 3 axis accelometer, 

So which is better?! might be a silly question.. and if the answers the x6 why is it cheaper!

whats the difference. 

right its a big difference. they are BOTH the same, exactly. 

and now you will ask how they can be the same is one is an x6 and one an x4

well x6 or if swapped 6x usually means sixth axis , so a 3 gryo 3 accel based quad is in terms an 6x or 6 axis. 

so the hubsan x4 , its well know to be the market leading NAMED brand. you pay for that Hubsan name

the x6 is NOT A HUBSAN, is some generic hardline copy of the nano, but as we know the chinese will not blatant copy naming

so they just call theres an x6 ( its not an x4 , because they used a number 6 ) it has NOT got six axis .

what one would i buy ............ hmmm well i already own the hubsan x4 nano so yep you know what one you should be looking at.

dont play with fire grab a hubsan x4 have fun fly until it dies, repair it and fly again then looks to something bigger if you wish. 

X4 anyday over the hubsan copy x6

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

if your looking to learn, most of us cut our teeth with these machines, the wltoys range 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wltoys-WL-V949-GYRO-2-4G-4-Axis-UFO-Quadcopter-Helicopter-with-LED-Light-night-/111582532244?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19fad65294

i did not read the discrips just took the x6 as it was, but reading up its a cloned x4. 

the machine i linked above is very cheap, it gets you off the ground and in the air,

parts can be found on ebay and in banggood 

i own a wltoys 949 myself, i also own a hubsan nano, a dji flamewheel 330mm and a generic 500mm fpv frame

indoors the wltoys was a blast outside in calm winds summer evenings was nice to fly around.

remember got the summer coming soon so outdoors in becoming a more wider playground but micro and minis do struggle outside

thats the fun learning when the wind is just to much for the machine and when to give in and drag the rc truck out.

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

Played with my X4 a little today, getting a bit more used to it, ordered spare rotors for it, and also the guard so I can protect them a little. Used it outside as no wind and it was excellent. I'm really enjoying it and it's a good quad to learn with.

• 3 weeks later...

Used mine outside with a bit of wind the other day, was great fun to try and keep it under control. Outside you need expert mode otherwise the wind will take it away as on normal mode it doesn't tilt enough to have any power or speed going forwards