• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HoBao 1/8 Hyper MTe Sport

mydoddy69

• 2 weeks later...

I need a new pair of 3s lipo for this after my old floureons failed me.

What would people recommend to run this. Been looking on Hobbyking but im not sure what "c" is needed. 5-6000 mAh @30C or do i need to go higher.

Any recommendations ?

are these ok?

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-flightmax-5800mah-3s1p-30c.html

Edited by TheDriver

16 minutes ago, TheDriver said:

I need a new pair of 3s lipo for this after my old floureons failed me.

What would people recommend to run this. Been looking on Hobbyking but im not sure what "c" is needed. 5-6000 mAh @30C or do i need to go higher.

Any recommendations ?

are these ok?

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-flightmax-5800mah-3s1p-30c.html

yes, those will be fine as long as they fit in your battery trays :) 

• 1 month later...

Still pondering about a pair of 3s for this mte. Is the 29mm battery tray a standered size? Can i fit a bigger tray or mod the stock one. Its just theres more choice/bigger bats available if i can fit wider lipo..

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Has anyone tried to do a mt plus 2 conversion on one of these? The arms, upper links, steering and driveshafts would need to be replaced but it would make the truck super wide. I wonder if it would allow bottoming out of the chassis as well. 

1 hour ago, Jumper said:

Has anyone tried to do a mt plus 2 conversion on one of these? The arms, upper links, steering and driveshafts would need to be replaced but it would make the truck super wide. I wonder if it would allow bottoming out of the chassis as well. 

It would be too wide you’d end up with a truck wider than longer 😂

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

It would be too wide you’d end up with a truck wider than longer 😂

yeah it might be very square.  how much wider is the new truck? 

• 2 months later...

Hey guys . Here's my Hyper MT plus 2 ! . Its an absolute weapon ! . Has anyone else got one !? . Am selling mine as it's too big and heavy for me to carry to bash spots but it's a shame as it's a beast of a truck ! . My for sale add is in the for sale section ! . 

DSC_0346.JPG

• 2 years later...

Did the pinion and spur on the MT1 (over tightened the slipper🥲

MT2 went home working, although definitely wants some tweaking, gets a horrible speed wobble, and the motor gets pretty hot, it's not meant for speed laps, but I won't accept no for an answer. 

So might look at a different motor in the future. 

• 2 months later...

Changed the motor and ESC, got a max 6 and a 4292 can in it. Motor and ESC much cooler, batteries arn't getting hot either. Thing flies on 6s.

However now the gearbox is cooking, temp gun showed it as 100c. Being plastic that won't last long.

Wheels aren't balanced well, it wobbles like jelly on WOT, so would be nice to find some others that are a similar size, but belted?