• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kiza1208's Maverick Scout (pic heavy)

kiza1208

I've always wanted a crawler, with my new 4 channel radio it would be rude not to.

Great start.

I'm getting a light kit, which, better wheels, tyres, better electronics, and scale accessories soon. You should get crawler they are fun and well worth the money :) they are a money pit tho as you will always find stuff to buy for it. Like I have

Nice looking good. You will have to keep the thread up to date with your upgrades.

I'm really wanting a scout but need to leave it a bit as I have just spent a fair bit on my e firestorm.

• Like 1

Great start kiza . Please tell us you stripped it an greased the axels an tranny before you run it ? if not make it your next job there is little or non in them, buy some good marine grease . An Velcro straps can be brought cheap from toolstation inside most wicks stores there about

Edited by Trans4Mation
  • Like 1

Hey Kiza. Cracking build mate. The standard body really does let the looks down, That's why I changed mine too. Have a look at my current build for a few ideas.

My scout build !

Putting weights in the wheels and star cutting the foams made the world of difference to mine. Any grease is waterproof if you use enough. 'Waterproof grease' or marine grease as its really called is made to not be broken down by salt water, unless your running it on the beach or near the sea Tamiya grease is fine bud if that's all you've got.

Edited by Mitrab36

60g in both front wheels 30g in both rear wheels :)

How do you find it with that weight?

My scx10 has 400g in each front and 275g in each rear, needs too really otherwise it would be too top heavy......

My scx10 has 400g in each front and 275g in each rear, needs too really otherwise it would be too top heavy......

Haven't ran it yet but will be running her next weekend at Thrustation :) with a few people off facebook just hope it handles better than last time did like to roll alot last time

I have similar amounts to Gaz in mine. I can't see 60g & 30g is going to make any noticable difference mate. Get some more weight in them and watch it transform it into a very stable crawler  :thumbsup:

Edited by Mitrab36

• 4 months later...

It's been a long time since I updated this.

So the latest on this rig is it's been boxed up after a few things broke on it and I ran out of funds :( it will be coming back out of retirement soon I hope when I've been working for a few weeks so I can afford to get some upgrades for it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk