• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my alza xl savvy....

evssv

If you want I got some. St1 hex's that are not so offset and have the hole in the hex so the wheel will hold the pin in and you should then be able to fit a nut on the end, if you want we can do a swap ? Pm me if your interested ..

If you want I got some. St1 hex's that are not so offset and have the hole in the hex so the wheel will hold the pin in and you should then be able to fit a nut on the end, if you want we can do a swap ? Pm me if your interested ..

cool...let me see how I get on drilling em...lol....

I'll be surprised if you drill through it, they're hardened.

yep. .didn't get far..lol...i have got them on but usein the smaller savvy pins with a rubber o ring around the mt4g3 hhubs ..

What about the kitchen...or the bathroom...

lol 20150214_225301_zpsffxyp7ph.jpg 20150214_225235_zpsrdqw9xti.jpg..jus need to move/mesh the pinnion now. ..not sure how long the wheels will stay on like this... .mite have to get these after all Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=381146929607&alt=web Edited by evssv

They are loud. Once the slack is out of the drivetrain when they're moving they sound a bit healthier. Even my savage xs is quite loud.

Wait til it's on 6s with trenchers...!

Edited by Neil Robinson

I'm toying with the idea of getting a savage hp but there a hearty old price .. Trouble is I'm stuck on should I get the savage or the Hobao mt sport ! Both have gremlins that need looking into but the Savy has more support but the hobao just looks a so tempting ..

Really like that body but is it a Savy body ?

I'll keep an eye out for your truck see how it fares to the abuse you give it compared to the mt4 should be interesting to find out.

What gremlins? Just curious. Aside from a bit of pinion wear, and wheel & clutch nuts coming loose (replaced with new and been fine since) my HP has been reliable. Nothing broke yet in 20 packs, and it gets run on 6s regularly.

I'm toying with the idea of getting a savage hp but there a hearty old price .. Trouble is I'm stuck on should I get the savage or the Hobao mt sport ! Both have gremlins that need looking into but the Savy has more support but the hobao just looks a so tempting ..

I'll keep an eye out for your truck see how it fares to the abuse you give it compared to the mt4 should be interesting to find out.

Being selfish... Get the Hobao and do a thread... There are loads of savage threads... And none for the hobao.

:)

Being selfish... Get the Hobao and do a thread... There are loads of savage threads... And none for the hobao.

:)

There is one over on URC forum but it's not singing many praises for it .. I might order once from MS so I can have a closer look if I don't like what I see at least I can return it unused of coarse ! Not being able to see something in the flesh and make your own opinion is always going to make things tricky IMO so having the option to see it close up and return it if I don't like it has to be a win ..

I know it has a few bits need looking at and sorting but then again I don't know of an rc that dosen't .

its a proline body I got off randum on here.....I wouldn't of bought one of these to much

Yes this is true it looks about the same as mine tbh

we're off out for a pack so im gonna take the flux...probably b a car park or sumin....nothing to major as I dont thk them hubs will last long with the small pins in em....just wanna use up the lipos tbh...what's the alza centre mod then?? I got the alza slipper locker in my ebay watchin....and a alza chassis. ....jys realised I was sat at kitchen table from 3pm until my last post on here...11.29pm....time flys once u get involved. .lol!! Edited by evssv

you thinking of getting the cd conversion mate?

here it is

http://shop.alza-racing.com/parts/58-center-differential-kit.html

cheers for link.....how much is there shipping?? And how long?? If I buy the xl chassis I know I'll need a longer centre dbone....but will I need any longer screws or bolts ect....and I guess I can use the the stock savvy motor mount...rad box ect.... Edited by evssv

no problem, is it worth getting the cd conversion? im guessing by looking at that set up it seems easier to move the motor about, not like the stock ones when you have to take 4 bolts out at the bottom.