• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

3D Printing Discussion

-BEZ-

lol adjust the bed and get something printed for calibration.

nip over to thingyverse -solidworks site and find a wing nut. 

print said wingnut 6 times ( two for spares ) 

:)

Haha, and I'm like.... "I'll order some off Ebay in a few days".... I'll have a go tomorrow! :D

just got home Vr5fx , the cura compatible is cura 15.04.

you wont be able to print fine enough to do the wingnuts im afraid but a little tip once you get the nuts put a little medium threadlock on the bolts and this will prevent the nuts from moving once the bed is level..

Hmmm, okay!

So the glass plate is being delivered today with the clips.

Now, in Cura, our machine isn't listed. So I chose the Prusa Mendel I3, changed the size of the filament to 1.75mm, and the bed size to 200mm all round (a little short of what it offers)

I also changed the temp of the nozzle and hot plate for PLA. What temperatures do you use? Just so I have a rough idea where to start.

So my next step will be to re-level the bed with the glass, and do the "paper" test all round.

Get the filament loaded and do a test?

not 100% sure but around 190-210 for hotend

and around 60-90 on the bed 

Baorevo will be able to give you better hints on heat. 

the glass sheet, glass sheets are made by pouring molten glass upon liquid tin metal.

so re-leveling should be fairly minimal if any at all. one part will be the hotend this may need adjusting as your adding thickness to the bed top.

this is from the glass thickness , but you should find the bed the same as it was when first set level. not much changes just the high of the hotend

thats looking awesome buddy 

am loading Cura on my notebook and trying to get that website to work. 

kinda miffed i am getting warnings for SSL certs not matching , thats why it wont let me buy anything.

are there other sites like that one can use ?

Oh and i have a full folder of halo 4 helmet files ready for printing ( gonna see if they fit a smaller bed first in cura(ie the tiny bot on hobbyking)

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

I'm now printing a N64 logo. I need to sort something out the filament, as it isn't taking from the spool. (it doesn't roll smoothly)

How do you change the filament? :shockingscary:

And how bad are the fumes with ABS?

Edited by Vr5fx

I've done my first print. I grabbed a hollow calibration cube from thingiverse. Here she is!

Pretty pleased if I'm honest! Woot!

This post annoys me very much.

it took ages to get the turnigy to print something like that and its still not doing it right.

I'm now printing a N64 logo. I need to sort something out the filament, as it isn't taking from the spool. (it doesn't roll smoothly)

How do you change the filament? :shockingscary:

And how bad are the fumes with ABS?

There will be a change filament utility on the printer.

With ABS I wouldn't even call them fumes. No big deal. Have a window open for some fresh air and that should be enough.

John

well i have the bang upto date Cura running on a 1.5ghz atom core notebook pc lol

its a little laggy moving models around but those prusa i3 with the 210 beds could print out the halo

4 mask stl's without any need to rescale. 

( search thingiverse for halo helmet and you wnat the red verson for medium size kiddies - or the small version) 

another testing model for you guys would be the pink panther woman ;)

another note still trawling to find a differnet site without security issues popping up.

Edit: 

and i found an egg cup, a super awesome egg cup in the shape of a stormtrooper

what an awesome find for a starwars geek head lol, i gotta have me a starwars egg cup for my dippy egg and

dunkers

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

Changing filament heat the hotend to 170 unscrew the bolt about 1cm on top of the charger (next to the filement entry) and push the bolt down thin pull the filement out (only when the hotend is at 170) push the new filement in and push so it e trudes this is fiddely to get through

Second print and I encountered a small issue.

DSC_0514_zpszasl7pcb.jpg

DSC_0516_zpsgiklyyti.jpg

The nozzle when transferring from corner to corner was catching on the edge, I'm not sure if this was because the print lifted slightly on that corner. Still pleased though. Already printing a cam holder for a friend lol  :hahadance: 

• Like 1

thats a little bit of an error somewhere, but nothing you cannot clean up.

tools are good here, so a rasp and some files. dont go made with the files slow and easy

wanna remove the plastic not remelt it with friction.

sandpaper go with the good old nail file boards .

you will find your learn to add support on some models and others dont need it.

you will also learn that some models print better when they are flipped upside down and the likes

your constantly looking to create/have less overhangs but also less support printed. and that means less final touching up work.

• Like 1

freaking headache the guys purchased without no hassle, i go click buy it button and my browser

explodes with warnings about un secure connection and its not advised to give detail to site :(

happens with IE - chrome and opera 

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

Well I've done a few prints that I'm happy with. The cam mount looks good, a few rough edges, but totally acceptable.

Now printing a spool adapter, as my spool is dragging in it's current state.

I was going to suggest the spool adapters ..... forgot

Y ou should print a set for the 2 spools so y ou dont have to swap them out

• Like 1

freaking headache the guys purchased without no hassle, i go click buy it button and my browser

explodes with warnings about un secure connection and its not advised to give detail to site :(

happens with IE - chrome and opera

Its strange !!!!!! Its hugely popular site with a very strong reputation

Ive been using aliexpress for a few years now. Never has a problem, i use chrome

Most of the prusa i3 designs are different seeing as theres no copyright so there really is no "genuine" reprap on the chinese sites after its a little hit and miss...

i have this one and its been very good http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Black-Factory-High-Quality-Precision-Reprap-Prusa-i3-DIY-3d-Printer-kit-with-2-Rolls-Filament/32357171936.html?spm=2114.031010208.0.673.7roRhZ

thay are not all the same no

Edited by baorevo