• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial Yeti owners thread

philbr

Just now, Oh How Original said:

The trade off is handling really.

Since you already have a Bomber and SCX10, I'd leave the Yeti loose, it really helps the handling and countering griproll :)

I think I'll take your advice on that one. makes sense:good:

3 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

It's funny we're on about meeting and we both have an SCX10, Yeti and Bomber :lol: you don't have a Baja and 5ive hidden away do you? :whistling:

I did have a 5 B.  Sold that an got an MCD (Sold that to). Day and night difference between those two.

Just now, steephill said:

I did have a 5 B.  Sold that an got an MCD (Sold that to). Day and night difference between those two.

My Baja and 5ive are actually for sale at the moment anyway and my old mans wanting rid of his Baja.

Sticking to electric for ease of use and the size.

Chuck in the top box or rucksack, jobs a good'un.

3 minutes ago, tolk83 said:

Currently got the fixed length plastic ones. Will adjustables make that much of an upgrade?

Yes, stronger, removes some of the steering slop, replaceable rod ends if one breaks and you have adjustability into the future.

I use these.

http://www.rcmart.com/vanquish-irc00050-incision-yeti-stainless-steel-front-link-p-66891.html?cPath=595_1160_1720

I’ve been trying to hunt down a set of VP Ti links since I bought mine, it turns out they have now been discontinued and even the rear SS links are nearly impossible to find at the mo. I was put on to this guy from the US and he is one of the only places in the world to do Ti VP style links now, here’s his website 

https://hardcore-rc.ecwid.com/

• 1 month later...

Pretty close to pulling the trigger on a yeti kit.

Got a 130a ESC and 3900kv motor here from my scte. What motors are people using? Thinking a bit lower kv might be more suited? (Plan to use 3s)

Any upgrades or diff/shock oils etc I should order with the kit and just fit from the start?