• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's oh no not again?!

Oh How Original

Got her out today.

Put 1 1/2 tanks through the engine in total now, got to say it's quick enough :)

I love the low engagement point on the clutch too, avoids the front wheels coming up every two minutes.

Definitely need to fit taller gearing though, I did get some full throttle bits but nothing particularly long, just to make sure it was all okay, going to run another tank through it before I start tuning the carb and start giving it a bit more stick.

Did have a problem with my camera though, for some reason it won't play back, just says No File and also won't record videos unless it wants to, just says Memory Error.

Battery is full and my memory card is a Class 10 64GB, so wondering if the memory card is too big for it.

I did get a video, nearly 16 minutes, but it's very boring going back and forward so I'm not going to bother uploading it to be honest... Not worth it.

Also don't like the noise from the waterproof case, definitely going to try the other one next time for a better noise.

Have found a very very tiny crack on the exhaust, just at the mount, wondering if a dab of JB Weld would be okay, or is that not right for high temp applications?

If needs be I can get a spot of weld put on it at my Dads work.

Any opinions please?

Well I'm very happy with the engine.

Obviously not hammering it yet but it's good so far.

Definitely need taller gearing though, 17/57 is a waste of time lol... I've got 20/54 here but think for the area I run it's a bit to tall, so think I'll order 19/55 and 18/56 on payday then I've got options for future as well.

Have you tried formatting the card?i was having probs with my camera,It would take pics but not vids. Formatted the card in the camera instead of the PC and now works fine

Shall try formating it for next time.

And it would be weird if it was that Clive because it did do a nearly 16 minute video and only stopped because I turned it off.

But their was also 5 failed videos which where 1 second lol.

I can't see anything on the listing about maximum capacity.

Might be heading out again tomorrow, if I did I'll stick my 8 or 16gb card in it, format it and see if that helps :)

I would weld it... but then I have a welder etc...

It would be better welded.

I cut off the standard bracket and made 2 others (one goes to the rad box mounting hole the other to the engine brace clutch bolt) because of the mechatechs.

I would weld it... but then I have a welder etc...

It would be better welded.

I cut off the standard bracket and made 2 others (one goes to the rad box mounting hole the other to the engine brace clutch bolt) because of the mechatechs.

Not got a welder... I thought one of my Dads work mates might do it but he isn't sure.

Sending it to Nige at Freeprawn would work out about

Sounds ace from what i heard i like it lol. But if you do want to plug the hole use the putty mechanics use to plug 1.1 exhausts its blue i can't remember the name tho. then some tini wrap if botherd.

I like grunt tho the best sounding car we had on the ramps was a rover with just the down pipe lol. It spat flames and just sounded madd. We had alot of West fields and ginettas come in too that play around donno track they sounded nice but not evil.

I'm unsure yet, popping across to see a neighbour tomorrow, I know he has a welder, it's just if he'll do it for me.

He's made a few custom grips for my Dads tattoo machines before and he's a real perfectionist, so hopefully he'll do it because I know he'll do a neat job.

Totally slipped my mind he has a garage full of tools, welder, CNC machine, pillar drill etc....

Third tank run through her on 19/55 gearing.

For some reason the video recorded in normal mode not HD mode, not too sure why.

Also excuse all the stopping starting etc... I forget it's recording sometimes and stop for a drink or whatever :lol:

Same reason I didn't wipe the mud off the second time :P

Happy to report I'm happy with the engine and gearing.

I think I'll go for an 8k clutch spring now though just to pick it up a bit, hopefully get the back end out more, these hard MXs are ridiculous for grip!

Edited by Oh How Original
  • Like 2

Probably not a bad estimate Clive.

I keep meaning to put my phone on it with GPS, I know it's probably not super accurate but will at least give me a ball park figure.

It's skipping across the field twice as fast as my mates SS, hence why I tend to turn round very slowly to give him time to catch up... Until he smashes into me :lol: :lol:

Apparently so yeah, I managed to stumble upon these BNIP so I grabbed them.

If I find anymore Jim I'll buy them and you can have 'em, sort the money out just whenever :) I get offered quite a few bits and pieces as most folk know I'm always building 'em and selling 'em etc... :) it has it's advantages lol.

• Like 1

Exactly the part I need!

Mines still snapped, I take it that's a rare part now?

GH Racing discontinued their baja line of parts afew years ago.

great parts if you can find them, did have a spare set but i sold them, totally worth getting imo, only broke one of mine from a silly big jump, but the ones i had were a good 3 or 4 year old at that point.

they are, i had them on while doing the jumps in these videos

and this is the jump that finaly broke them, although i think it was the landing that caused it, if it was on its wheels and not its side i think they would have been fine