• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya ..... time to try one

Nitroholic

AKA Time Tunnel Models, as per my recommendation above :thumbsup:

I have always found it a bit confusing that they have two names... never know which to use!

Nitroholic - I will say this - I remember reading somewhere of the M06 being much more difficult to set up well than the M05, maybe that's been sorted now though...

Personally I don't think you will go far wrong with a m06 or tt02, heaps of bits around and they don't cost a fortune, as noj said though find a shell you like and work from that.

My money would be on a m06 alpine, great chassis and superb looking shell.

Then hop up as you see fit down the line.....

Sell the brushed esc and motor to pop a little more back into the pot too :thumbsup:

yeah....thanks. Buy one for me and I'll buy it off you for the

• Like 2

M-05 is good fun... i should know.. i had few....  

But M-06 is great fun with it being RWD,  it is almost off road 2wd buggy with really short arms and it is more complicated to build, perfect for that slow xmas afternoon.    You need get good shocks i.e #54000 shocks and ball bearing... it can handle brushless power.    

You can take them to club racing.

I personally recommond you a m06 

Edited by vrooom

I fancy the Lowride Pumpkin. Stick the reinforced gear set and RC Racing ballraces in and some rally block tyres on the wheels and you're good to go BL. 

These are the light buckets that came with my alpine shell:

IMAG2103_zpsvwq5zi1i.jpg

Unfortunately they're purely decorative:

IMAG2102_zps72yyimf7.jpg

I've had a quick look for usable light buckets but haven't found anything.

Edited by oodboo

The tt01e 'sweet chariot' M3 GTR should, iirc,come with the light unit and fittings...

It does indeed ... comes with a full LED kit according to the MS website.

Shame those Alpine buckets have a moulded silvered 'glass' piece. If I could find some clear glass parts the right size and shape, I could adapt those buckets. It looks like they were designed to have LEDs fitted

That's mad - they look like they have 3/5mm LED holes and the little screw hole for the LED holder... and yet they aren't clear?!?

Edit: Just a thought - would the Lunchbox clear headlight lens fit? Else it's a look through the Tamiya clear parts catalogue.

Edited by pritch