• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Getting me some strange... ;)

'83Junglizt

So... fulfilled a childhood desire recently and bought myself one of these on the cheap... 

$_57.JPG

It does work, I've done the standard bath test and it works alot better on water than any other surface... Now, to monster it... any ideas lads? bear in mind weight is the enemy, i dont want to go too mad with it, but a bit more power and/or mods will be entertaining... :) 

Possibly Alex, I might look into a job lot of aero stuff, i don't plan to chuck money at it like I do with my trucks, this is more of a muck about project... 

one of my nephews had one years ago and the biggest problem is the loss of lift when the drive motors are used meaning it doesnt give you much of a run time. i would think some sort of lipo conversion to get lighter more powerful batteries, cant remember the voltage they run at, lipo with low voltage buzzer kind of thing.

Off topic but need someone online,

Got an Ansman royal flash, need a new armature for a fusion exceed brushless motor,

Any ideas where I can get one... Cheap ish ?

one of my nephews had one years ago and the biggest problem is the loss of lift when the drive motors are used meaning it doesnt give you much of a run time. i would think some sort of lipo conversion to get lighter more powerful batteries, cant remember the voltage they run at, lipo with low voltage buzzer kind of thing.

Totally with you there mate, first modification on my list was separate batteries for the lift/thrust... the lift fan can just run flat out and then im thinking of linking the rear motors together and making some servo actuated rudder fins instead of the independent fans...

I had one of them years ago, worked well on tiles and laminate, also worked well on wet roads. Other than that it was good for the bin after it broke. :thumbsup:

I always thought about putting a different motor in it, with more poke batteries, but I wasn't so technical back then.

• 2 weeks later...