• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HobbyKing - do they deliver?

215sadletramp

I have recently placed my first/last order with HobbyKing. Is it just me or is their service crap?

I have been provided with a tracking number which, according to Parcel Force cannot tell me it's status until it is delivered and signed for?

I have tried to contact HobbyKing and guess what........................ nothing, diddlysquat, ****all!

If anyone from HobbyKing reads this here's a bit of advice; get some professional help on how to run a business and stop treating  itlike a HOBBY!

Any comments, similar experiences anyone?????????????????

Hobbyking are brill,but as with anything aboard,it takes longer than normal. They have international warehouses so the package will take longer (which did you order from?).

You also have to consider it is out their hands now - The parcel has been sent with them yes,but it's down to the courier to do their work.

As for the Parcelforce tracking i'm not sure who told you that information because the tracking info they supply normally show loads of info (When it's arrived,it's location,the current status etc)...

• Like 1

I only really order from the UK wearhouse and I've never had a problem with them. If I order Sunday evening I'll have it by Thursday at the latest. I've had a few problems before so I've used the live chat which at first I thought would be a waste of time but I was great, my problem was resolved within 10 minutes from logging in. With hobbyking they charge so much less than other companys so you can't expect their service to be A* all the time.

• Like 1

I've placed 16 orders with Hobbyking so far - never had a problem. I've had a few warranty claims too for servos and they have sent out replacements quickly with just photo evidence. I use the Live Support to get warranty claims moving quickly.

I just saw this and have been waiting over 10 days for my order from the UK warehouse. It was dispatched a week ago so I guess they use a really cheap courier.

Glad to hear that this is not normal though ... Maybe my batteries will arrive today :)

If it is "recorded", Royal mail comes up  with a message saying that no information is available on line until it is delivered.

Royal Mail's service has become very poor of late - 3 days for first class, if you are lucky; second class, get your calendar out!

I've made 8 or so orders with the international warehouse (uk never has anything I want in stock)

They have all taken between a month and 6 weeks to arrive. It's very rare the tracking numbers work, infact I think they only did on the very first order I placed with them.

AsiaTees however (Far East also) are usually here in a week for similar postage charges. They also have fantastic customer service.

HobbyKing does some great stuff at good prices..... Just prepare for a very long wait when ordering.

Depends what service they posted with, I've certainly had 'tracking' numbers that only change upon delivery, it's not a fully tracked service.

Their international postage can be even worse, I've had things turn up (4 weeks transit) before they could provide a working tracking number. Oh and they want you to visit a russian postal site as the tracking number works on there - err, no thanks.

On the whole though, expect to wait a few days for despatch but be happy the prices are mostly better than you'll get anywhere else. Their range of components far exceeds anyone else I've dealt with and unlike wheelspin, they don't use 'shadow' warehouses ime.

If you need something in a rush, HK is probably not the place to go but for anything you can wait a while for, the savings make up for it. And they sell some great own brand products - look at the reviews of things like the bixler!

Never had a problem myself with shipping ..

Parcel Force tracking is normally OK unless it was a letter size order then it will be recorded and yes it only shows when it was sent and where from till its delivered.. Both should show on the system in a few hours thou ..

You can't really blame the company for bad shipping thou that's really more a case of the courier faults surely ??

I'm guessing this has to be a UK order as its a Parcel Force tracking number ??  

When ordering from the International warehouse i use the UK Direct Channel shipping option and it seams to take 7 - 10 days on average to arrive for me. (quickest was 5 days, longest was 12 days), I used the cheapest option once but it took 6 weeks so wont be trying that one again  :yawn:

i've ordered from HK, EU and UK warehouse and never had a problem, sure the international one takes longer but that's to be expected. EU i've delivered in 4 days before and UK i've always got it in the time stated by the chosen delivery service ie Parcelforce 48, 48 hours is from the time it was despatched not 48 hours from order, some people get confused by this and also it doesn't include weekends/bank holidays etc.

i've ordered from HK, EU and UK warehouse and never had a problem, sure the international one takes longer but that's to be expected. EU i've delivered in 4 days before and UK i've always got it in the time stated by the chosen delivery service ie Parcelforce 48, 48 hours is from the time it was despatched not 48 hours from order, some people get confused by this and also it doesn't include weekends/bank holidays etc.

Yeah it's always best to remind yourself of the processing time before thinking 24hr means next day. Don't get me wrong, the UK wh normally gets stuff packed and posted pretty quick but I've paid for 24hr in the past and waited 2 days for the despatch email :(

hobbyking have been fine for me, recently made an order from the international warehouse and uk warehouse on the same day and the international package got here before the uk one!

They seem helpful on live chat although it is true that some are more useful than others. had no problems though got everything i wanted in about 4 days from the hk warehouse

I used them couple weeks back, superb price, products exactly as described quality was better than price could suggest, ordered from global warehouse paid for Dhl express as was only like 10 quid more or something. Ordered on the Sunday arrived on the Wednesday, pretty f ing good I'd say