• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AX90026 YETI

53HRA

That's what concerns me. What is the real cost of it going to be including the necessary upgrades to make it A: Durable and B: Perform as it should.

John

Simple just re-mortgage your house that should just about cover it and maybe sell one of your kids for good measure just in case you need a rear axle from VP  :harhar:

knowing what axials plastic is like, those steering links and camber arms wont last 2 minutes before they get flexy flexy.

as much as i love axial i wouldn't say this is worthy of its price tag yet 

+1 you can bet there will be more hop ups for this on release than the TH has after nearly 12 months :)

Admittedly i'd like to see turnbuckles on the camber and steering links, but no biggy, i'll probably try bodging some Hyper 7 ones is place if they're the right size lol

i have wanted the twin hammers for a while.  also wanted a axial   and i was even thinking of doing the real axle mod.  so when i first see this new one i wanted it.  i even have the cash burning a big hole in my pocket.   but after looking at the the pictures and hearing about issues it is going to have.  im not going to waste my money on it. 

I hope Axial isn't building the Yeti down to a price point rather than maintaining quality.

I don't mind paying extra for options/upgrades that make a car even better but it has to be good in the first place. If you can't take it straight from the box and have fun right away without parts breaking first time out then that's just not good enough. My money will be going elsewhere if that turns out to be the case.

But that's all supposition until someone gets their hands on one and gives an unbiased review. I do hope it does turn out to be OK though as I like the idea of it.

John

I like it, i had the twin hammers when it first come out, infact the very first day it come out, but sold it a few weeks later as i was just dissapointed with it, ok at blasting about (flipped over for fun) and ok at crawling, but thats my point it was only ok at both and not great, its a good idea but the only truely versatile rc imo to date is the traxass summit, and thats like a jack if all trades master of none, still have one though just as im going to have one of these, it does need upgrades but most rc's do dont they, its half the enjoyment for me, making it my own and a better/stronger vehicle.

Every scaler gets upgraded, so this isnt any different really, even my rc4wd rigs are full of every option available so this is no different, people spend 5/600 plus on a hpi baja and then upgrade the crap out of it, dont see any of those guys moaning.

• Like 1

I wouldn't it's the size of a mini revo and a pile of crap your be better off building your own from scratch!

i have seen alot of good things said about it.  and some crazy people are doing speed runs with it.  but im in shock about the size lol   i will have to take another look. 

i have seen alot of good things said about it.  and some crazy people are doing speed runs with it.  but im in shock about the size lol   i will have to take another look.

The twin hammers is a small buggy, very small really, i thought the build quality was ok infact quite good but in 2nd gear the thing was so unstable it really got on my nerves, its hard to make any rc crawl well and then be able to blast around doing donuts and drifts etc, its just hard to do 2 things from one machine, i did upgrade mine with rc4wd king shocks thinking things would improve but it didnt, but i loved the concept, now whether the yeti has this sussed im not sure, it looks to me exactly like the twin hammers, i just hope to god it doesnt drive like one, we shall see, one thing though the yeti looks alot bigger than the TH which may go in its favour.

Most of the comments that are on rccrawler are all pro yeti. If you look though all the post they are defending a kit that hasn't been released yet and have very little information on it, if someone said something bad about the yeti they are jumped on and called a hater. I don't count that as a good source of information. The ONLY  review is very pro this kit and was the person who was invited by axial to have a play and was most likely told to say good things about it or is very friendly with axial. So I don't really value that as a good source.

From the pictures that we have seen straight away we can all see bad points and very few good points. I dont want to cast this kit off so ill be waiting until they have been released and a few more review have been released that outline the pro and cons of this kit and if its worth the money.

alex

I think Axial has got exactly what they wanted and it's a very clever bit of marketing ..

Release a snippet of a pic invite one guy over, let him have the royal treatment for a day and he'll defend it till the cows come home.

Then everyone rants on about it and folks go crazy over wanting one to prove all the non believers wrong.. They won't then say it's really bad as they don't want to look silly and pump shed loads of cash into saying it's making a great truck a fantastic truck ..

So even if it is a pile of crap Axial will still have the mass followings saying it's the best thing since sliced bread.