• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How long do you last?

Jack R8

How long can you last?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How long is it between having to stop/repair/bodge your rc?

• 0-10mins
    • 11-30mins
    • 31-1 hour
    • Full days bashing
    • I just put it on the shelf so forever
    • brushless yo!

young drivers / pilots  thats all i blame lol 

us older hobbyists are more intune with our crafts and whoop you youngers into

line with our super awesome dictonary like wisdom.

my last breakage was a thrown prop after i tried to do a foxtrot dubstep with the local wooden fence

with my quadcopter, in younger language " i whooped beans open, drifted like a beast and hardsided it into the sidebarrier "

All depends on what rc's you own and how you drive them and where, and how you look after them. A pointless thread IMO

• Like 1

only breakages since being so far are a hex hub esc coming loose and a wheel nut coming loose I find when I have built the kit I don't like when something comes loose or breaks but when rtr I don't mind as much seems strange  :confused:

Generally I always try to make sure the car is in tip top condition to minimize issues however when i go for a bash I start off pretty doing pretty mundane stuff but get more and more daring until the size of my kahonas exceed my level of skill and then I break something.

All depends on what rc's you own and how you drive them and where, and how you look after them. A pointless thread IMO

Well actually no, it's a bit of fun on a Forum between friends and like minded RC enthusiasts.

I think the only pointless bit so far would be your comment.

Why not just post up what you break most often and how long it usually takes the break it and join in? :)

Worst case, I show up with one car and break a minor part in five minutes with no spares to hand.

Best case, take most of the fleet and keep on going for hours! I've got two gennys, a little 600 watt and a larger 1900 watt. I can keep on charging all day! :)

Maybe I'm just reading into it to much....

Last thing I broke on my hyper 7, was the Esc when the magic smoke escaped after landing a stupid sized jump up a golf course. Befor that a front arm and front knuckles but that was ages ago now.

The only part I've broken on the summit is a drive shaft when it got stuck in a river and it got all tangled up with the diffs locked.

The erevo was a front arm again after a big jump and landed funny. And done two rear diffs as they are naff.

Have not broke the son uva a digger yet but that's my boys and only gets blasted around the field.

If I'm out with my mate then I'm out until all the batts are flat. If I'm out with my boy he normally gets fed up and wants to go home after two packs

Worst case, I show up with one car and break a minor part in five minutes with no spares to hand.

Best case, take most of the fleet and keep on going for hours! I've got two gennys, a little 600 watt and a larger 1900 watt. I can keep on charging all day! :)

I could do with a generator of some description.

Saw one in Aldi when my Dad was getting his water, figured it would be about

I thk alot depends were we go to weather or not we're gonna have damage....and what rc's we take....obviously a savage is stronger than a ftx carnage. .....today me boys taking his savvy and I'm taking me revo3.3. ....so hopefully no brakages....but now I've said that.... lol!!!

If my cars still running perfectly after 30 mins it means i'm not bashing hard enough right?  :whistling:

Usually i go home when it breaks and can't repair it from the back of my car, anywhere from 5 to 60 mins, only once have i taken my cars back home in one piece, because the kids got bored after an hour on the beach  :shockingscary:

I usually take 1 or 2 buggy's/trucks with me, if i took them all i know i'd be going back with no working RC's left to run  :xd:

If its the traxxas slash about 30 seconds till something breaks then needs 30mins to an hour to fix it again

all my over trucks normal last the battery pack, at which point I have got bored and move to a different location