• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobbyking Basher Sabertooth

Looks interesting:

25136.jpg

Hobbyking Basher Sabertooth

Been looking for a truggy for a while - not sure there is much out there better for the money is there?

yes..but is it up to the job of bashing......and bashing hard. ..its alwell n good being 'the right price'.....but that aint no good if it's weak/crap plastics/gonna brake all the time.....it do look good though......buy one. ...let us know how it goes

Buy it and see but get it from the global site and add a few spares like diff gears arms hubs rod ends and general bits that at some point will break.. The parts are normally silly money anyway so for around

Is it just me or does this look suspiciously like the serpent E truggy?

1234576921b.jpg

25136s9.jpg

1234576919b.jpg

dual pack layout and front mounted motor.

the 3674 motor is what worries me.  I doubt you can go bigger than this.

Still, looks interesting esp at that price :lol:

Edited by Deafty
  • Like 1

Not wrong there Deafty! Can tell their R&D department looked at the Serpent for inspiration! Still not a patch on it though.. :lol:

This looks a nice bit of kit but the video is utterly pointless to go by. I want to see a video of the "Basher" actually being.. bashed. Not just calmly driven around on a flat dusty surface where there is zero chance of breakages! Jump it.. Flip it.. Crash it.. Do something with it to prove it can actually be bashed for god's sake. I mean come on, who just drives a truggy like that? Snooze fest!  :sly:

For the price though, I'd be interested if I didn't have the Hong Nor. :)

• Like 1

it looks very similar to the acme dominator, except this has a different chassis layout. the shock towers, tie rod ends, a arms, wheels and tyres look the same but there are minor differences.

link for the car: http://www.acme-rc.com/cp.asp?ArticleId=333&Bid=29

Looks very similar to acme werewolf chassis and a lot of the parts look the same does look good though and to be fair I've given my acme werewolf death and only broke the wing just hope they've sorted the diffs and bevel gears had a few of them

I think I will take a punt at this - looks great vfm. Like others posts stated - will buy a bunch of spares up front and job done.

Edited by ThunderBill
  • Like 1

Looks good, but I can for see the issues occurring once anyone tries to go beyond 4s with it.

Which kind of makes me think, just how much oomph can you get from a 4s 1/8th truggy. Wonder what size pinion and spur it has?

Rather as in my own truggy, a 15t pinion on 4s was 30-35mph. With 5s and a 20t its nearer the 55mph mark. Tho a 20t pinion on 4s is good for 40mph+ (probably where this kit would max out).

Plus the 100A Esc kind of bothers me also, as again if you go 5s that will probs not be sufficient. Mind you think at this point anyway the plastics will probs start to show there strength etc.

Shock towers look a bit dodgy, but least its got a decent set of alloy shocks as standard.

But id be a little dubious of ripping the stock electrics out and putting a 150A/4-6s setup in. One crash and Im sure front braces etc would go to cheese.

Overall tho, for a cheap and probably decent (once geared) truck looks ok. Just be cautiously optimistic about strength maybe?

I like the motor mount looks simple but brilliant.  Kinda like the losi mount which is the best ive used. The rest of it looks cool too the links cvds and cups what is that.  Its like my turnigy tool tips hard coated something. Very nice ill watch out for this. 

I had some HK nitro rumble buggy drivetrain parts on my 1/8 truck( I used 2 diff outdrives for my center diff)  and their quality was worse than poor... I hope they have done something about it.

Well someone in Europe got the sabertooth. Let's hope for some more videos soon

Lol 65mph! On 4s?

I cant get that on my D8T with 5s and 20t pinion!!

• Like 1

here is AussieRCPlayground's unboxing video, it's really good, very detailed

link: 

Edited by brumbrine
  • Like 1

Not the best thought out and laid out track thou .. Fancy puttiing a big triangle obstacle at the end of a jump !, my guess is the guy is going the wrong way round and just did it for a laugh either that or he is an idiot

Not the best thought out and laid out track thou .. Fancy puttiing a big triangle obstacle at the end of a jump !, my guess is the guy is going the wrong way round and just did it for a laugh either that or he is an idiot

i agree, but that was a bad hit too and he was going fairly quick as well