• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lego fanatics

hebby

I've been buying a lot of Lego lately so a few more sets won't hurt.

3b32d7ffa232971cd9c1e9e598020cbf.jpg

Also grabbed the angry kitty and the bad cop chase sets from Argos for half price and grabbed the little man another set

8813e935f4ea092906494e333034eba7.jpg

Started building the batman riddler set

8b81aa45a6cecb719af2a12cbab4d322.jpg

And then I came home to this

7981754079100a4ffed4ff9f0f02975b.jpg

It's a shop display piece from smiths toys, the Mrs asked if it was for sale and the fella said give us

• Like 1

I've just managed to get the last Simpson minifigure I needed, only duplicated 2 figures out of both series, got some funny looks in smyths spending 30 mins fondling the bags to find falloutboy

• Like 1

Finally had a free moment to get the AT-AT completed and make a start on the X-wing, seriously the X-wing is very fun build and is well worth the money. Anyone hesitating on getting it as it's a little expensive, don't it's awesome and I have hardly started on it! 

AT-AT Completed photo's

OlzG5aD.jpg6F6qh1U.jpg

And here are the steps of doing the Red 5 set so far:-

MnAtuTz.jpgnJrryoQ.jpgsRqmYqR.jpgTZ34hon.jpgZp3s7uN.jpgBwnWR4W.jpg

• Like 1

My son was 4 yesterday and got a couple of sets of Juniors, Spiderman and Batman. Helped him build them and it just took me back to when I was a kid. Loved Lego and I can see myself getting a set to build. Maybe a vehicle of some sort.

I have just been trying to look up one of the sets I had many years ago and found out what it was. 8880 super car.

• Like 1

My son was 4 yesterday and got a couple of sets of Juniors, Spiderman and Batman. Helped him build them and it just took me back to when I was a kid. Loved Lego and I can see myself getting a set to build. Maybe a vehicle of some sort.

I have just been trying to look up one of the sets I had many years ago and found out what it was. 8880 super car.

Just seen the prices of that kit on the Bay. Will wait till I'm earning again...............

Just seen the prices of that kit on the Bay. Will wait till I'm earning again...............

I wasn't actually looking to buy, just remembered that specific set and a quick search and I was able to find an image and then a set number.

Think if I buy one I will go for a newer set. Seems detail and build challenge has come a long way.

Edit: Although, the Formula side of that set does look awesome!

Edited by DannyP

The 8880 set is hugely overpriced IMO....Lego have released far better cars that sell for reasonable prices.

Missed a UCS Super Star Destroyer yesterday, sold for 430 quid....I am watching another one though.... ;)

Edited by Noj

Dug Technic 8285 from the cupboard the other night, a 'hen's teeth' set these days....

Bought second hand, so all pieces were mixed up in two, ziploc bags.....cue a four hour sorting out session into many,many paper bowls!

Build to commence in due course :)

• Like 2

Dug Technic 8285 from the cupboard the other night, a 'hen's teeth' set these days....

Bought second hand, so all pieces were mixed up in two, ziploc bags.....cue a four hour sorting out session into many,many paper bowls!

Build to commence in due course :)

Looks epic that.

Looking forward to seeing it built :)

Big bang theory set is just such terrible value and is one of the most boring thing's they have done but as it's a ideas set it will still rocket up once out of production.

The Mystery Machine set is awesome though.

Overpriced for the number of pieces, fans of the show will buy it, we're contemplating it as fans of both ;)

Mystery machine is rather amusing, it may land in the collection....

A little disappointed with recent releases, by on large, poor rehashes of the same old sets...back to scouring the bay for OOP sets :)