• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MTA4/MGT Owners thread

jari

lol..I run a pipercross panel filter  on my dl1000.....and twin pipercross foam filters on my sv1000....but I do have twin k&n pods on my bandit 1200 as they r the best when running a stage 3 jet kit....unlike the 4x seperte pods most go with....Image result for k&n twin pods

and these on my sv

Image result for pipercross twin foams

Edited by evssv

I can't seem to get one anywhere near me, closest model shop is 10 miles away so it would end up costing just under 20 quid to get hold of one... so off to the garage and a bit of a potter, I managed to make my own...

1 15mm copper elbow from the plumbing box,

3 inches of garden hose pipe,

1 wire tap gauze filter,

1 radiator roller sponge,

1 rubber o ring,

I will have to cable tie it to the anti roll bar/handle to avoid it coming off due to the now 90 deg. angle.

total cost £0.00 due to having said parts knocking around :)

20170118_120741.jpg

20170118_120803.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all...I'm hoping this is the correct thread [emoji85] I'm about [emoji15] to purchase a lightly used e-Mta I'm guessing it's not 'G2' looking at the shock setup, this one sort of has one shock running horizontal?

Anyway..was looking for some advice on if it's a good truck to pick up and what sort of mods should I invest in from day one.

301635f447a4716b7576b56351d601b7.jpgc16ddb91927e720844fd3f07b84f6798.jpged4f9f6c0067d913500cd2ba8944d2ff.jpg

It's a good price I feel considering it has a castle setup which I could always sell on.

Any info greatly appreciated [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, Nessy Blue said:

Hi all...I'm hoping this is the correct thread emoji85.png I'm about emoji15.png to purchase a lightly used e-Mta I'm guessing it's not 'G2' looking at the shock setup, this one sort of has one shock running horizontal?

Anyway..was looking for some advice on if it's a good truck to pick up and what sort of mods should I invest in from day one.

301635f447a4716b7576b56351d601b7.jpgc16ddb91927e720844fd3f07b84f6798.jpged4f9f6c0067d913500cd2ba8944d2ff.jpg

It's a good price I feel considering it has a castle setup which I could always sell on.

Any info greatly appreciated emoji16.png

not very good at all tbh......better can b had....silly lipo boxes....silly general lay out....jus not a very popular rc.......as for mods.....forget it.....theres none I know of....esp as this is quite old now.....I had probs finding the ally hop up for my super-mt4g3 build which is a 100% better rc then this in every way......that's my 2 cents worth for what its worth...never owned one of these but wathched many reviews..and they all said the same......don't bother buy the mt4g3.....

Thanks bud! So guess it looks pretty and that's it...I guess the castle combo has some value though? The guy wanted £150 as is. It comes with 2 x 3s 8000mah LiPo's - but seeing want you said will these be a specific size for this truck rather than standard packs... I was thinking worst case pinch the castle combo and LiPo's to use elsewhere and then sell the chassis as a roller [emoji37]

19 hours ago, Nessy Blue said:

Thanks bud! So guess it looks pretty and that's it...I guess the castle combo has some value though? The guy wanted £150 as is. It comes with 2 x 3s 8000mah LiPo's - but seeing want you said will these be a specific size for this truck rather than standard packs... I was thinking worst case pinch the castle combo and LiPo's to use elsewhere and then sell the chassis as a roller emoji37.png

yes ...small silly size lipos.......could try n sale it on but  then u may get stuck with it....:yes:.think........y`s he selling at such a low price when the combo and lipos r worth that alone roughly....if its all good that is.........by all means buy it if u want.....but I wouldn't tbh...

Edited by evssv

On 18/01/2017 at 12:45, PlonKaTroniX said:

I can't seem to get one anywhere near me, closest model shop is 10 miles away so it would end up costing just under 20 quid to get hold of one... so off to the garage and a bit of a potter, I managed to make my own...

1 wire tap gauze filter,

1 rubber o ring,

I will have to cable tie it to the anti roll bar/handle to avoid it coming off due to the now 90 deg. angle.

20170118_120741.jpg

20170118_120803.jpg

Gotta love the ingenuity

On 18/01/2017 at 12:45, PlonKaTroniX said:

1 wire tap gauze filter,

1 rubber o ring,

20170118_120741.jpg

20170118_120803.jpg

Gotta love the ingenuity

I was offered an mt4g3 when I got into this hobby only a few weeks back. I purchased a slash 4x4 instead. I do love the slash but damn those vids on yt showing the mt4g3 launching itself into the void.

So if anyone is selling an mt4g3 please let me know. I would rather it has all the recommended mods already done.

Thanks

33 minutes ago, TheDriver said:

I was offered an mt4g3 when I got into this hobby only a few weeks back. I purchased a slash 4x4 instead. I do love the slash but damn those vids on yt showing the mt4g3 launching itself into the void.

So if anyone is selling an mt4g3 please let me know. I would rather it has all the recommended mods already done.

Thanks

yes.... mine.:yes:........u should of took it dude..:yes:...proper 1/8th basher..:yes:...none of this 1/10th stuff....:whistling:.....well looked after like all my rc`s r....:good:.few quality up grades fitted......wouldn't of had any of the probs u havin with the slash.......:whistling:..I did say it`s better then any 1/10th traxxarse will ever b....:P

Edited by evssv

On Tuesday, February 07, 2017 at 21:50, TheDriver said:

yes man....twas your good self...im not having problems with the slash though. Just very tempted by another rc. I guess this is how it starts, the rc collection.:D

ahh..must  another on here then:yes:....sure sumone bought a lemon slash....:lol:.....and yes....1x is never enuff......:whistling:.......

Edited by evssv

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again all mad bashers... since ownership of this truck I have had a few problems and still do... at first the slipper gear and pegs melted, (too loose) so I replaced them... It lasted for a few runs and then stripped all the teeth off the first gear in the box, I manged to find some gears at an amazing cost of 1.99 so I bought 2 at that price, they arrived today so I rebuilt the box only to find it just sat there and revved with no drive, I have established that it is the one way bearing that is faulty... I have tried to clean it and it sort of works but every now and then it locks up in the direction it's not supposed too... I can therefore 'assume' this was the cause of the teeth stripping.

so... I now need a new one way bearing and from what I have been reading I should replace the shaft too as they wear down equally accordingly! however, I can't find any in the UK (I hate ordering from abroad as I always seem to get stung with taxes), does anyone have any ideas where to purchase said parts please (please-please-please :) )

I have found some...no panic...not cheap though this time!

also found the pin holding the steel gear on the 2 speed shaft had snapped twice... i slid the gear down and the pin bits fell out leaving a bit inside the shaft, seems to be ongoing this!!!

...so is there anything else anyone can think of that I am likely to need to replace in the gearbox

Edited by PlonKaTroniX
appended

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/02/2017 at 13:31, PlonKaTroniX said:

Hi again all mad bashers... since ownership of this truck I have had a few problems and still do... at first the slipper gear and pegs melted, (too loose) so I replaced them... It lasted for a few runs and then stripped all the teeth off the first gear in the box, I manged to find some gears at an amazing cost of 1.99 so I bought 2 at that price, they arrived today so I rebuilt the box only to find it just sat there and revved with no drive, I have established that it is the one way bearing that is faulty... I have tried to clean it and it sort of works but every now and then it locks up in the direction it's not supposed too... I can therefore 'assume' this was the cause of the teeth stripping.

so... I now need a new one way bearing and from what I have been reading I should replace the shaft too as they wear down equally accordingly! however, I can't find any in the UK (I hate ordering from abroad as I always seem to get stung with taxes), does anyone have any ideas where to purchase said parts please (please-please-please :) )

I have found some...no panic...not cheap though this time!

also found the pin holding the steel gear on the 2 speed shaft had snapped twice... i slid the gear down and the pin bits fell out leaving a bit inside the shaft, seems to be ongoing this!!!

...so is there anything else anyone can think of that I am likely to need to replace in the gearbox

As covered previously in this thread, go buy an entire replacement gearbox, preferably from the s50

but... the s50 gearbox has exactly the same "under rated/not up to the job" part fitted, I have worked out that it's the one way roller bearing that is the part that causes the issues with this gearbox,when the bearing becomes worn and the shaft equally becomes worn there is too much play between shaft and needles and the roller needles can move too far causing the spring behind to pop out of its seat, which in turn jams the bearing solid in the wrong turning direction thus stripping all the teeth as the truck momentum continues.

A new shaft and new bearing (not the cheap one) and this is all good again.

35 minutes ago, PlonKaTroniX said:

but... the s50 gearbox has exactly the same "under rated/not up to the job" part fitted, I have worked out that it's the one way roller bearing that is the part that causes the issues with this gearbox,when the bearing becomes worn and the shaft equally becomes worn there is too much play between shaft and needles and the roller needles can move too far causing the spring behind to pop out of its seat, which in turn jams the bearing solid in the wrong turning direction thus stripping all the teeth as the truck momentum continues.

At least 1st & 2nd are metal in it tho & not crap plastic.

12 hours ago, PlonKaTroniX said:

I'm confused

Glad your sorted though

• 3 years later...

Got a Mini MGT, the manual for both this and the S18 suck. Is this linkage on here correctly?

It doesn't seems right to me as everything is bending all over the place and the carb doesn't close to a normal idle gap. 

IMG_20210221_143852.thumb.jpg.1923c4e294548fe624a37ecb567f8da7.jpg

IMG_20210221_143900.jpg

IMG_20210221_143921.jpg