• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

kyosho Scorpion XXL thread.

Tug

Well.....I am building a hybrid, using the aluminium long shock bodies, o rings and piston from the D8, with the shafts,springs, rod ends and cups from the kit... This gives a full ally top end and maintains the right shock length :)

As with the kyosho shocks, ordering from amain/the States makes this a reasonable hop up; D8 shock bodies in the UK can be twice the US price!

It would be nice with a big powerful motor, running 6S ......... :whistling::thumbsup::hahadance:

Ha ha, maybe, but it'd be way too much for a 2wd. It'd probably cope if I kept it down to 3 and 4s. But then why bother? If the 1717 were to need a leash, I might as well sick with the stock can and pump up the voltage.

On that note, the MGM has had a brief bench-test and seems perfect for the job. It won't respond to either of my Unicards though, so I've emailed Martin at MGM and now await his reply.

If anyone is interested, will be selling my engine less nitro scorpion with full set of almost new kyosho alloy shocks and unused universal drive shafts on ebay in the next week.Keep an eye out for it :)

If anyone is interested, will be selling my engine less nitro scorpion with full set of almost new kyosho alloy shocks and unused universal drive shafts on ebay in the next week.Keep an eye out for it :)

i might be interested in the universals if your splitting.....

Charged my battery checked the screws on car where tight and was going to give it a virgin run on Tarmac . And then noticed adaptor I bought to use my traxxas style lipo was wrong way round. Will have to settle for putting on wing and maybe tyres and just staring at it for today . Fingers crossed for Wednesday or friday.

What a dope

Edited by Duo

Charged my battery checked the screws on car where tight and was going to give it a virgin run on Tarmac . And then noticed adaptor I bought to use my traxxas style lipo was wrong way round. Will have to settle for putting on wing and maybe tyres and just staring at it for today . Fingers crossed for Wednesday or friday.

What a dope

Can't you re-solder it?

Posted back to ms for refund and ordered right one as don't have soldering iron . No biggie it's a bit wet out and I just have to redo shock oil on the slash and put wheels back on and she's ready for action. Not had it out since early December will just have a quick blast on Tarmac the grass is like a mud swamp at the moment.

That means a big clear up after and it being Sunday lunch day don't have the urge to clean off loads of caked in mud.

Posted back to ms for refund and ordered right one as don't have soldering iron . No biggie it's a bit wet out and I just have to redo shock oil on the slash and put wheels back on and she's ready for action. Not had it out since early December will just have a quick blast on Tarmac the grass is like a mud swamp at the moment.

That means a big clear up after and it being Sunday lunch day don't have the urge to clean off loads of caked in mud.

What type is it, deans to Traxxas?

Yea managed to order it wrong way in a rush . Only four quid so till I get a 4s battery the three will do or could get a 2s lipo and use a saddle harness . Know best to get soldering iron but it just seems like expense for no reason don't plan on changing stock electrics , and the thought of a 6s car seems a bit much on a 2wd car. Will spend all day on it's arse doing wheelies.

But it seems like this the aim of your mate who is building the kit up .lol

Yea managed to order it wrong way in a rush . Only four quid so till I get a 4s battery the three will do or could get a 2s lipo and use a saddle harness . Know best to get soldering iron but it just seems like expense for no reason don't plan on changing stock electrics , and the thought of a 6s car seems a bit much on a 2wd car. Will spend all day on it's arse doing wheelies.

But it seems like this the aim of your mate who is building the kit up .lol

Yeah, I also feel 6s would be too much for the size of the car. 5s will most likely be the sweet spot. I'm not going to rush into changing the esc, not until I've had some proper time with the car off-road.

Might think about it in the future but for now just want to have a bit of fun with it and do some basic hop ups ie tyres lights and maybe the shocks.

To be honest never had a car that uses 4s so will be new for me .