• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Upgrading to brushless help

blewett89

I think you are referring to the C rating of a lipo?

30c minimum will be fine for that combo. I run one on 2s 25c packs with no issues at all. Getting the biggest mah pack that fits your tray is always advisable....better to have more rruntime than less, IMHO....why have the fun stop early???

I'm looking at upgrading to brushless for my tamiya db01 I've found a etronix 2.0 with 9.0 motor and wondered what lipo battery would be required to run as I can work out c and mah but not sure if enough to run the setup?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/etronix-photon-2.0-1-10-brushless-system-9.0r/rc-car-products/368725

I run a 10t version of this set up and i use a core rc 2s lipo(cheap and nothing fancy). Pulls my 2wd slash along just fine.

I think you are referring to the C rating of a lipo?

30c minimum will be fine for that combo. I run one on 2s 25c packs with no issues at all. Getting the biggest mah pack that fits your tray is always advisable....better to have more rruntime than less, IMHO....why have the fun stop early???

That's a little misleading. As you need to know the mAH of the battery for the C discharge rating to mean much. Eg

An 1800mAh @ 30C discharge is hugely inferior to a 5000mAh @ 30C.

30C means the discharge rate is 30 x whatever 1C is for the battery.

An 1800 mAh has 1C of 1.8amps while a 5000mAh has a 1C of 5.0amps

So 1.8 x 30 compared to 5 x 30

54amp vs 150amp. That's a massive difference despite both being rated at 30C.

I'm not worried about how long the battery lasts as such it's more the fact i heard that u need to have a minimum amount of power to run the motor and esc

the best advice I can offer. Is to recommend you read up and learn about LiPo's and what all the numbers mean. This way you will be informed and most likely able to answer your own question. At the very least you'll be able to understand and validate what others recommend. :)

Hi - first post so apologies if it should have been else where.

I've bought a 2nd hand car (Axial Exo Terra) with a an ezrun wp sc8 brushless set up. It needs a battery and after read the lipo guide and working backwards from there, I just wanted to check what I'm thinking of going for is going to be ok.

Based on the guide I'm looking at either an Overlander 5000mAh 3S 11.1v 25C Sport Track or 5000mAh 2S 7.4v 30C Sport track.

Gonna read through the exo terra boards to double check that they'd fit?

Cheers

Depends on the kV of the motor....some owners fitted 3s capable, most went down the 2s route owing to battery tray size.

I can say that hardcase nanotechs in 2s format are a perfect fit.