• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

-27c this morning...

Trip...

Woke up to a balmy -17f this morning. Truck didn't want to start, but it eventually did. Here is what 7.3 litres (460 ci) looks like starting on a very cold day. lol. I feel bad for the people that had to follow me. lol These pics were taken with the truck at idle, when I step on the throttle the cloud gets huge!

004_zps98e4b9bc.jpg

My front yard is 75 feet long, it's hard to tell in this pic, but the steam goes on past my yard.

008_zps61d5cc78.jpg

You can see the ice "sprinkles" on my truck top.

006_zps2be2ef1a.jpg

• Like 1

We have had a mild and wet winter this year so far. Not been cold at all. Its a pleasant change, since this is the first year in along while that I haven't had a Jeep.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

heya trip

keep safe buddy, that polar chill is coming back again, just seen the weather news for you guys. 

we over hear have just touched zero degree here in uk east coast, no snow, just dank muggy / foggy days.

i would have gave a few more beans on the throttle lol 

Yeah it's been so mild over here this year only had a few frosty mornings and I've only seen a few flakes of snow that where mixed in with rain

You've had a beating over there I've been looking at stuff on the net

Take care in those conditions pal

heya trip

keep safe buddy, that polar chill is coming back again, just seen the weather news for you guys. 

we over hear have just touched zero degree here in uk east coast, no snow, just dank muggy / foggy days.

i would have gave a few more beans on the throttle lol 

I would have, but it was 4am and I have a loud dual exhaust lol. Neighbors hate me enough as it is! :naughty:

Yeah we got hammered with 16 inches (40cm) of snow in one night. Then the next day we got another 10 inches (25cm) And where I'm at, I'm getting lake effect from Lake Michigan and wind and snow from Lake Huron coming out of Canada. Bad combo! 2 days ago the wind was blowing over 40mph at 0 degrees F which got the wind chill at -45 F That was a cold day! Normally it's between 20-30f here. (-6 to -1c) with a total of maybe 3 inches (76cm) of snow at a time. So this cold weather is reaking havoc on automobiles, luckily my antifreeze/coolant didn't freeze, it's only rated to 0F. My mom said she hasn't seen it like this since the 70's.

I've been out working in this crap all day and I keep sticking to everything. Just the slightest bit of moisture and it freezes instantly ripping the skin from my hands. No licking flag poles for me today. :thumbsup: Not that I lick poles or anything lmao!

• 2 weeks later...