• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Km Baja

Mini-man-dave

im way down in the central belt and im never near Aberdeen so thats out of the question but thanks for the offer :)  definatey going for one of the 002 models but need to put money in the bank account for PayPal :) would like more metal in the car

Don't go for too much, alloy in the wrong places will just bend, don't get one with alloy arms etc... Alloy clutch carrier is the right kind of place for alloy.

Most other places isn't.

Nothing wrong with lots of alloy, a baja doesnt need it tbh but damm i think it looks good with some nice shiny alloy, mine is pretty much full alloy now and is very very strong, ive jumped it, bashed it quite hard with no ill effects at all, nothing is bent or certainly feels like its going to either, the alloy on km's now is pretty dam good and anybody would be hard pushed to bend it, and it just looks so better imo.

I have got to agree on the alloy, although yes it makes the baja heavier, as long as the the alloy isn't cheap it also makes it stronger. If anything having a alloy baja makes the plastic break faster. I have had alloy arms on the baja for so long now and the only bits to ever break were the plastic rear shock support towers, now they are replaced with alloy, they are never a issue.

For example all the armour on a tank makes it extremely heavy, however in a crash it will not sustain more damage due to that immense weight as the quality of the material used is designed for impact. Going back to buy cheap alloy and it will be bend.  

I've been researching the KM's and I think it's deffo the way to go for me. I'm looking at the KM 3.0EX. Would you say this has too much alloy? I'm thinking along the lines of get as many hop ups included from the start?

http://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/product/King-Motor-KM-3.0-ex-silver-305cc.php#

Edited by Mexx

Bare with my noob questions here... If I went for say the 002C what would be some sensible hop ups to start with? Unless I'm reading it wrong it doesn't come standard with an alloy clutch carrier and the more experienced guys on here recommend one of these as a decent starting point.

Thanks for the advice, appreciated!!! :)

I contacted them via e-mail to check stock etc. Then I just asked about upgrades and if they would put them in the box with the car. I didn;t want the car turning up without the parts...or vice versa!

My motto is it's always worth asking ...worst they can do is say no :)

Well, I DO deserve a new car, I have worked hard this year....

Lol.

No need to convince us buddy lol were sold on the idea already, if you want one you should get one, you only live once fella so go for it.

Had my km baja 002tx for 16months from rcmodelz and great bit of kit for the money . NEVER had any issues with rcmodelz , always helpful and normaly next day delivery . Id personaly go for a 002 over the 001 as the extras are worth it imo .

Ive fitted front and rear shock braces , rpm bumpers , fan brace , outwear covers , ddm fuel cap , alloy clutch carrier , clutch bell mod, hitec servos , killswitch .

You must set up endpoints and trims etc before use as i killed my servo in days lol . And use the best 2stroke oil to prolong engine life . Good luck