• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How to get my new foams round after being squashed up in the packet?

martin34

Hi i have just got my proline 3.2 Mashers.These tyres have been around for a long time and proline don't make them anymore so i think these have had the foams squashed up inside the tyres for a long time.The foams are really out of round and very badly squashed up on one side.Is there a way to get them properly back to normal shape?Thanks for any info.Just noticed that one set of foams are quite a lot wider than the other set?

Edited by martin34

Have you tried steaming them over a kettle or a boiling pan. the foam should have a memory and may pop back with a bit of moist heat

Worth a go

Thanks i will try that if what i am doing now doesn't work.I have found some shampoo bottles about the same inner size and letting them sit on them :yes:

On the newer set of tyres(both new but one has older packaging)the foams are way wider than the ones that came with the older ones.I cant see them fitting properly.is it ok to cut them to the same width as the others?

Well the hot water and airing cupboard worked a treat:).I have never had a problem with foams before.Normaly once out of the packet they get thier shape back after a day or so but these had obviously been screwed up for quite a few years and one side of the foam was only a few mils thick and wasn't going to go back into shape by running them.They would of been seriously wobbly and out of balance.